Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: MIM Jazz Deluxe V with SKB hard case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dave64o, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    EDIT - Sold on 2/19/06

I have a MIM Jazz Deluxe V that I bought new around 2000 but am just not playing anymore. It’s candy apple red with a tortoise shell pickguard, a pao ferro neck, and came with the same pickups and electronics that were in the US Jazz Deluxe at that time (it doesn't have the Vintage Noiseless pickups of the current model). It's in very nice shape, plays well, sounds great, and is very versatile. My only complaint with it is that it’s too heavy for me - according to my bathroom scale it weighs about 13 pounds.

I bought it just for recording at home and the only times it left the house was to write/record at a friend’s house. That happened fewer than 10 times. I’ve never gigged with it.

The price is $400, which includes shipping within the continental US, the SKB hard case I used with it, and a padded leather Levy's strap.

I posted some pictures here.

EDIT - I neglected to say I prefer to use PayPal and that the price includes the PayPal fees.

EDIT - Price drop from $400 to $375 on 2/14/06. See below.

2. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I just watched an eBay auction end and the same bass and same case went for $380 + $40 shipping. The seller estimated bass his was in 7.5 to 8/10 condition and I'm comfortable saying mine is an 8.5 to 9/10, plus the case is in practically new condition (it still has a store sticker from Sam Ash that looks as pristine as it did in the store).

Maybe a price drop would help entice someone? How about the bass, case, and shipping within the continental US for $375?

If you REALLLLLLY want the strap we can talk. :D

3. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
  4. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Sale pending ....

5. guitarjam6

guitarjam6

Feb 19, 2006
    I would be interested in seeing some pics please, if you could send them to guitarjam6@aol.com Thank you very much.

-Justin

6. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Check the first post in this thread. I put a link to pictures in there.

7. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Thanks to 95JettaCity. I hope you enjoy it as much as I hate to see it go. :crying:

8. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Thanks Dave! I'm so excited to play this beautiful new bass. I promise to take care of her as much as you did. And if you ever want an update of her new adventures, don't hesitate to ask!

9. JazzBassvb

JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003
    Congrats 95!

I have the same bass, other than it being a year younger than your new one, and I love it!

I added a chrome pickup cover from a Marcus Miller 5 and it added some nice visual appeal, and for me, works with my slapping.

It also has a bit of tonal variety and it suits me just fine. I think because its a little heavy is why I like it so much. I've mentioned it before, but this bass just begs to be slapped and hit. It's very solid and I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

JB

10. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Thanks JB!! I'm sure I'll love it! I'll let you all know how it works out for me... although I can pretty much guarantee I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it! Thanks again Dave!

Andy

11. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    The new bass has arrived in all its glory and majesty! I'm in love with the midrange boost/cut on this thing. Really gives it a vintage kind of a sound. And I'm convinced that even the MIM Fenders are great basses! I can't wait to gig with this thing soon and find out how it does. Thanks again Dave for everything!

12. JazzBassvb

JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003
    Sweet deal! Yeah, I love my MIM! I wrote a tune that I play the melody on the g string and let the d ring out and I find if I cut the bass and boost the treble and mid a bit, I get a nice sound where the chords do not sound muffled or muddy. I like having the 3 band eq to work with.

Turn the balance towards the neck pickup and boost the mid a bit and you can get a nice vintage tone for slap. Like I said before, it has great variety.

Enjoy!
    JB

13. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Cool. I've been checking UPS's web site and they still haven't even said it's out for delivery, let alone delivered. I'm just happy it got there safely.

Whether you do anything noteworthy with it or not, I hope you enjoy it. It was hard to part with it because I always thought of it as the sterotypical lady opera singer - yeah, it weighs a ton but if you close your eyes and just listen it has a really beautiful voice. ;)

Anyway, it was a pleasure doing business with you, Andy. I'm glad it went to someone who will put it to good use more than I ever did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.