1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: MIM/MM Fretless P

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheEmptyCell, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned SUSPENDED

I got this bass, as a fretted, in trade about a year ago. I'm currently using the fretted neck on a different bass, so that part is not available. I can use it to date the body, if you need that info.

IMG_0499.

IMG_0500.

IMG_0501.

IMG_0502.

IMG_0503.

IMG_0504.

IMG_0505.

IMG_0506.

IMG_0507.

IMG_0508.

IMG_0509.

IMG_0510.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the neck is a Mighty Mite, bought new on eBay. Maple neck, ebanol fingerboard, dots on the edge line up with fret positions.

I drilled the holes for the tuners and neck heels. They aren't perfect, but work just fine. Tuners are from a Squier, I believe, but work well. Electronics are stock, but the pickguard is from a CIJ P bass. You can barely make out that the neck heel doesn't line up perfectly. Doesn't really matter, since it's fretless and the neck only sits 1/16" north of perfect.

The neck is 1.5" wide, one reason I want to unload this bass; I prefer a wider nut. No knobs or strings, so it'll need a little setup when you get it.

Asking $275 plus actual shipping. Feel free to make an offer.

I'll sell the neck for $100 plus shipping and the body for $175 plus shipping.

2. Would be interrested if not of the apple logo
    you guy's dont buy only white things in your religion. :)

3. TheEmptyCell

Like I said, sticker removable. Just makes the bass more user-friendly and it never gets a Blue Screen of Death.

If anyone is curious, I will ship outside the US at buyers expense (and risk).

4. Basso54

Basso54

Jul 22, 2003
    Dalhart, TX
    LMFAO :cool:

Free bump for a guy with a computer-nerd heart like my own. Now go post pictures in the Luthier forum. :ninja:

5. TheEmptyCell

Price drop. $275 plus shipping, or buy neck ($100 + S/H) and body ($175 + S/H) separately!

6. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    You've forgotten about Bondi Blue already? :D

7. TheEmptyCell

BUMP!

8. TheEmptyCell

Still willing to split up the neck and body (but not the individual components). I'd also trade either part for some variety of P-bass neck (Squier, Mighty Mite, Allparts), or I'd trade the whole bass for a nice MIA or CIJ P-neck. Rosewood or maple, no major preference.

9. TheEmptyCell

Possible neck trade in the works!

10. TheEmptyCell

Bump! Still waiting to hear back about the neck trade, but I am still interested in swapping for a fretted neck.

11. I have a good-condition fretted Squier Jazz neck, but I take it you prefer wider nuts?

12. TheEmptyCell

Yup, definitely prefer a P-width. Otherwise, I'd probably keep this one around.

13. Cool- lotsa luck. :)

14. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    You still have a PM about that trade. Got the bass in. Neck is in excellent condition. Even has a pick holder on the back of the headstock!
    Like I said, I can go ahead and ship it tomorrow if you still want to trade.

15. TheEmptyCell

Alright all, I've got a trade pending on the neck.

I can't edit the thread, and I don't want to close it til it's a done deal, so here's a price adjustment bump:

$175 shipped for the loaded body! Includes bridge, pickup, pots, and pickguard (no knobs, no neck plate/ screws).

16. TheEmptyCell

Neck is in the mail, so I'll start a thread later for the body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.