1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: MINT CopilotFX Gyroscope

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by fightthepower, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    $135 shipped conus

For Sale: MINT Gyroscope with no velcro, scratches or dents. I originally purchased a prototype version, and sent it to Copilot to be upgraded to the current 'Sample&Hold' version and received the new pedal (different box, circuit, etc, brand new) a few weeks ago. I'm trying to streamline my gear while expanding my tonal pallet, and I already have a few pedals that can do stepped wave/sample&hold, so the Gyro must go!

The Gyroscope has a swtich on top for two modes- filter modulated by triangle wave (sounds like a autowah at low speeds, and a vibe at high speeds), or filter modulated by stepped wave (s&h sound). The frequency switch on the side toggles between bass and guitar frequencies. The jack on the side is for exp pedal input to control the rate of the lfo.

SaleGyro2.
    SaleGyroscope.

2. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Predictable Question - how is the low end response on this?

3. bumping for a groovy pedal from a cool head

4. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Perhaps a cool head who is looking for a Heliotrope.

5. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Thanks for the bumps :cool: The low end response is great with this pedal- In many settings it adds lows, and doesn't seem to lose any, even in the highest frequency settings where notes played on a bass aren't effected- There is a toggle that goes between bass and guitar oriented frequencies, as well as a depth knob for choosing the desired effected range. For use with just your bass you would want the resonance up and the depth low, and with a fuzz it sounds better (imo) with the depth up a little higher and the resonance around noon.

Pickles- I'd been looking at the Heliotropes for a while, but I recently picked up a Bitrman which covers some of those tones, and I think Im going to use the funds from this sale to put towards a WMD Geiger Counter (longshot- anyone got one for a trade +cash?). Thanks for the offer though, a month ago I would have been all for it!

6. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    sooo what exactly is it classified as..an obscure filter?

7. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    No worries. Good luck on your Fatman quest.

8. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Chunk- I guess I would classify it as an Autowah or a Modulated Filter.

Pickles- I'm on a quest for the other WMD pedal- Geiger Counter ;) :D

9. Mr. Pickles

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Sorry, brain fart there.

10. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Hehe no worries, it's an easy mistake to make with all the talk about the Fatman these days.

Bump!

11. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    stimulus package

12. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    :bassist:

13. fightthepower