1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: MINT Radial J48

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Eublet, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Okay, you know that when it comes to DI's, this is IT! Radial J48. There's very little this DI can't do. It is THE one to own for passive basses. Feed it phantom power from the mixer, and it can push extremely long cable runs and never load your pickups like a passive DI will. Ultra flat and clean with an inherrent warmth that just doesn't come from those cheapo DI's. You'll get all the crystal clear top end from your passive bass without having to add any harsh EQ, and the mids have a warmth while the bottom is present and never boomy. RADIAL!

I recently sold a JDI, which is also a KILLER DI, especially for active instruments and keyboards. But for passive, you gotta have a J48.

I'm not joking. I don't think this unit has a fingerprint on it. Mint 100%.

$175 Shipped in the lower 48 states. Includes original box, manual and Radial stickers.

Picture below for reference only. This is what they all look like! :D

[​IMG]

2. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    Are these only phantom-powerable? I never understood that..

3. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    There is a mod that you can use to power with a 9v batter. Personally, I never understood the mod. Phantom power is as common as the sun on a sunny day. It makes it easy to plug-in and get going. I've never once been unable to use any phantom powered device when going to a mixer of any quality. Heck, even my cheapo USB home recording interface can provide phantom power to the J48.

4. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    Fair point

5. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I understand the reservation. I felt the same along time ago. But I've played with the J48, Sansamp BDDI, Punch Factory (as DI), and several other things very often with no battery, using Phantom only, and just never had a situation where I couldn't get power, or had a problem with power. If the board itself goes down, well then that's another problem entirely, and having a battery backup at that point wouldn't matter anyway.

The nice thing about the J48 is that it will just work and provide gobs of headroom, and you'll never have to worry about changing out a battery.

6. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Bump

7. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Offers will be entertained...

8. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Sold!