Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Mint Roscoe SKB3005 w/ Demeter PreAmp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BuffaloBob4343, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    SOLD

This SKB3005 has a gorgeous Red Mallee Burl (this wood is Australian and part of the Eucalyptus family) top over swamp ash with the standard matching headstock. It has an amazingly figured Spalted Bolivian Rosewood FB that I believe has some sapwood. It has Bartolini PUPS with a 3-Way Demeter Preamp that has a two-way toggle to vary the center frequency of the mid control sweep. It also has a 3 piece maple and purple heart bolt-on neck.

This guitar is in "As New" condition and was purchased from the Perfect Bass in late December. The action is nice and low and plays perfectly. It has an amazing tonal pallette that ranges from deep thump to modern slap. It of course comes with the original Pro Tec case, also in mint condition.

I will take more pics, as it is difficult to do this top justice but here are a few to give you some GAS. Somebody PLEASE buy this bass from me quickly, before I change my mind!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SOLD This offer is good until midnight next Friday, after which I will pull her off the market. I only have a couple of Feedbacks in the new system, but have sold to others on the board so you can be confident that I am honest.

2. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    that is art... bump

3. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Good Lord... I'll have some money in hand come Friday, and depending on how other plans pan out, I might jump on this if it's still around...

4. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks to everyone who has shown interest so far. FYI, the serial number is #5056.

I will try to post a few more pics today. It is hard to capture the subtlety of this top. It is a VERY deep red and the black markings are beautiful and subtle. It kind of reminds of deep red marble. The dark browns of the spalted Bolivian rosewood on the FB take on a reddish appearance from a distance.

When I look at this bass, I think of candy!

5. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    For those who've asked for a few more pics, here are a few more taken outside in sunlight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Man, that looks like candy in sunlight... almost lickable!

7. It is 18mm strings spacing correct?

8. Sweet.. bump for nice picture..

9. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm not at home right now, but I'll measure them when I get home and post the results. I'm sure it is whatever the standard is for Roscoe fivers.

10. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    The answer is yes, just a little over 18mm on the spacing.:)

11. nosajwp

nosajwp

Jun 14, 2005
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Still for sale? What's your best price?

12. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Thats a beautiful bass. What is the fretboard wood? Free bump

13. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks! The FB is Spalted Bolivian Rosewood and I think it has some sapwood. ;)

14. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Bump for a great deal on a great bass.

15. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks for the Bump MJ. And congrats on your new Roscoe. I've seen that one in person and I think it's really sweet.

Well, the good news is my short-term cash flow crunch has been alleviated without requiring the sale of this beautiful bass. :) The bad news is, I had to convince myself that I don't really need it in order to take the step of placing it up for sale in the first place!:(

So I will make one last price reduction to see if she sells, otherwise, I will have to take her out of the case and start warming back up to her again (and beg her forgiveness);) .

So I will take now take $1995 plus actual shipping until next Friday before I pull her off the market.

16. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Holy crap... somebody better take advantage of him before he comes to his senses!

17. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    This Bass is now on hold with a local sale pending and likely to go through. ;)

Thanks to everyone for their interest. :)

18. Tryxx

Tryxx Sputnik Forums: Bass Mod

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    *Hopes and prays for you.*

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.