Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: MM Bongo S/H 4-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RunngDog, Mar 16, 2006.

1. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    This is probably the most flexible bass I've ever owned - the S/H pickup combo and the 4-band EQ result in a range of tone that is unmatched. It's also a great looking instrument and it plays beautifully. There are 1 or 2 dings on the bass, nothing spectacular or awful, and I'm happy to provide additional details if someone is interested. Here are a couple pics of the bass:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comes with a very nice and almost brand new Warwick Rockbag. Firm price on the bass + bag is $700, which will include insured shipping via UPS Ground anywhere in the lower 48. Payment by postal money order or cashier's check; I'll also take PayPal if you pick up the 3% fee.

Lots more photos of the bass (including closeup of dings) here:

MM Bongo Pics

2. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    for 650 shipped i'll take it

3. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    ...you cant choke up 50 extra bucks to the asking price for one of the sickest basses out there that's still the cheapest new or used price I've ever seen on any model Bongo?

...just my say.

4. you should open a business.

we send you our gear when we want to sell it, and you take pics and write up a description.

:cool:

:D

5. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    wow i read hte post wrong ...i thought it said 900 shipped...so i was just posting to bump....but i actually do have enough

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I'm diggin' that color!!!!

7. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Killin

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You were going to offer 650 for a bass that he was "asking" 900 for? Thats kind of rude IMO.

9. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    it was a joke...i was doing it as a bump for him, but i actually intend to purchase this...

10. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    There's a guy on eBay whose username is tune_o_matic who does exactly that. I've seen him buy an old Fender bass and then resell it 2-4 weeks later accompanied by great photos and a really thorough description. He usually gets a price 20-30% higher than what he paid. He was the first guy to push Fullerton reissues into the $2k+ range, purely on the basis of better photos and descriptions.

11. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    pm's been sent

12. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

PM sent :hyper:

13. RunngDog, is the bongo still on the market?

14. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Yes.

15. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    bump

16. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    bump

17. I'll give it a bump, it pains me to see that this bass is still around. If I had the funds I'd snatch it up in a second.

18. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hi there Dog,

I've sent you two PM's over the past two days. Please take a sec to reply to them if you could. Many thanks!

19. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    bump

20. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    SOLD!!!!!