Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Modulus Genesis 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by seventhson, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    very similar to the other modulus genesis that's on sale except it has flame maple top. it's a great bass, but i have small hands and the 35" scale is difficult for me.

$1100 obo + shipping. paypal ok if we split fees.

willing to trade for a nice 32" scale 4 or 5 string with at least 22 frets.

[​IMG]

2. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Does this come with a case? Also, how much does the Genisis weigh?

Thanks

3. seventhson

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    sorry, yes. OHSC with all case candy:

1. original, unfilled out registration card
    2. owner's manual
    3. tools
    4. keys! :)

serial # is low 0004xx. I am actually going to drop off another guitar at Fedex so I'll have them do an accurate weighing of the bass.

edit: bass weighs 9.35 lbs. it's lighter than the Les Paul I just shipped! lol.

4. I was thinkin' that too :D

5. pm sent........:D

6. seventhson

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    hey everyone, i sincerely appreciate the trade offers, but i would only consider trading for a nice 32" scale bass. 4 or 5 strings. I have plenty o' four bangers that are 34" scale. Thanks! :)

oh, regarding the yard/view...thanks! but, that's standard fare for the pacific nw. but we have to pay for that view with 3 months of straight rain during the winter months (this is no joke). i'm actually thinking of moving back to TX...lol.

7. Bass Ramos

Bass Ramos Guest

Feb 13, 2006
    Chicago Il
  8. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Sounds like a really stupid punchline is about to drop....

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It makes honey too! :bag:

Sorry, it was there!

10. seventhson

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
  11. seventhson

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    more pics. the graphite on the back of the headstock is the only place where there is any kind of dings. see last pic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. cruby

cruby

Jun 12, 2006
    Pittsburgh Pa.
    IS THIS BASS STILL FOR SELL/

13. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Welcome to Talkbass....can you tell us a little more about yourself? Where are you located?

14. cruby

cruby

Jun 12, 2006
    Pittsburgh Pa.
    I live the Pittsburgh Pa. I started playing bass about 18 months ago. I owned an SWR 750X Amp head Goliath III 4 X 10 cab, I just upgraded to this equipment last month. My first bass is an ESP-B50, second bass 5 string Schecter Studio 5 this is for sale, third bass is a Fender Jass 24 about six months old and my newest is a Musicman Bongo HH Stealth color. I practice daily and play out (open stage with a friend) every now and then. I'm currently on the market for a new bass, Modulus or Warwick and a Son of the Bertha cabinet. I really enjoy learning to play and listening to bass lines and try to figure them and then make logical sense of what the bassist is doing. I have taken lessons from time to time to have someone explain music theroy and have learned to read music.
    My bestest challenge at this point has been explaining to my other half ( cash flow queen) why I have all my equipment and the cost keeps going up. LOL!! This is my only vise.

thanks

15. seventhson

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry for not responding. I haven't logged in to talkbass for some time due to major projects at work. Yes, this bass is still for sale. I am now responding to PMs. I'm not interested in selling this for less than I'm listing it for.

There's an almost identical quilt top on ebay for the same price if you're more into quilts than flames.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MODULUS-GENESIS...oryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

16. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Wow, beautiful bass!

17. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    never mind. forget the PM.

18. is that neck a gloss finish and. what do you think of a 34 inch scale 24 frets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.