1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Modulus VJ4 Fretless MINT!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleepy_monkey, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Initial Description: Up for grabs is a 2004 Modulus VJ4 unlined fretless bass with the fantastic looking chechen fingerboard. It is strung with SIT flats. It has the passive Bartolini jazz pickups in it. The tuners have the Modulus logos on the back of the headstock..very cool.

Condition: I have gone over this bass very closely and it could probably sell in a store as NOS...it is that clean. There are a few VERY MINOR scratches on the back that you can only see if you hold it up to the light and search for them...but I couldn't get anything to capture in a picture. I give the bass 9/10 on condition. The smudges you see on the control plate are from my hands...it wiped right off after I took the bass back in the house and was looking at the pics. The guy I bought it from bought it new from Modulus and he said he had taken it out of his house 3 times since he owned it. He said it was a special order and that the color combo and chechen board hadn't been done before...I can't verify that but I haven't seen another. The condition of the bass is superb. Weighs in at 10 lbs according to Wii Fit Balance board. :D

I like it: I have never owned or played a fretless, but after picking it up it was very easy to play...even without the lines. It has sidemarkers on the neck to keep you where you need to be! It even has a 1st fret sidemarker. The neck plays like a dream. The tone is fantastic. I can't stress how easily and great this bass plays.

TRADES? Not really interested in any trades right now. I might consider a 3 Leaf Groove Regulator + cash on your end, but I don't really need anything right now.

Price/Shipping: $1050 shipped and insured. It will ship in the Wolfpak case and then in a box. It will be packaged well.

Payment/Pickup: Paypal/USPS Money Order are both cool. I am willing to drive 80-ish miles one way to make a deal happen.

Final Thoughts: I think this bass would please any fretless player...I can't imagine a bass playing nicer than this one. If I was gigging right now, I would be holding onto it for sure. I think that about covers it, but if you have any questions, please PM me. My feedback should speak about how I sell and what I sell so feel comfortable.

NOTE: I will be out of town from June 14-22 and will be unable to respond to questions or ship the bass. I will be in Atlanta on June 14 and 15 and can deliver the bass if you are in that area.

DSC_2326.

DSC_2327.

DSC_2337.

DSC_2339.

DSC_2342.

DSC_2340.

DSC_2329.

2. ChrisPbass

ChrisPbass

Jul 18, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    REALLY
    [​IMG]
    REALLY
    [​IMG]
    WANT
    [​IMG]

3. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    wow this is nice...good deal too!

4. krustwell

krustwell

May 18, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    As much as I want this bass, gonna have to pass. At a minimum, I need lines & a thicker neck. Hope someone takes advantage of this great deal. Good luck & have a killer honeymoon.

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Gorgeous. If it were fretted, I'd be in trouble.

6. Plantbrain

Plantbrain Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    I use to have a nice fretless Mod, these are very underrated, they make excellent sounding and playing Fretless instruments.

7. International Sale Pending!!!

8. Sold to eubassix!! This one is headed to England!! One less Modulus in the States!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.