1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS MTD 435 USA AAAAA Quilt top!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by portraitoftracy, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    This 435 was built way back in 1998, August. It's rarely been played. I can't find any dents dings scratches or scuffs on it, and even the satin finish around the pickups has not worn "shiny" from playing. Even the case is in fantastic condition. It also has a hex nut truss rod tool, as this bass does not have the usual allen key truss rod. It also comes with the original case key, and even the small allen key for the bridge. Just as it was shipped when new. The only thing "missing" is the letter from Mike, but I'm sure he'd regenerate it upon request if desired.

It's an ash body, quilted maple top (the pictures below do not really do it justice) in a tobacco burst finish. It's the wenge/wenge neck as well. Here's the kicker... IT'S ONLY 7.7 pounds!!! That feather weight is VERY unusual for an ash body MTD... even a 4 string.

It plays and sounds amazing, as you can imagine. 435's do NOT come around very often, especially particularly lightweight ash bodied ones

NOTE: This is pre-Buzz Feiten tuning, so if you don't like dealing with special tuners this is the MTD for you. Standard tuning like any other bass.

$2895 shipped, FIRM, no trades

2. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    pics

3. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    last ones

4. If this was a her it would already be in the mail to me. BUMP!

5. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    Simply beautiful.

6. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    What was I thinking, this is a keeper for life!

No longer for sale, thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.