Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: MTD 435, Wenge/Swamp Ash

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jokerjkny, May 7, 2003.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    mint bass that's mostly been collecting dust in my storage locker.

very lightweight bass. alder body, maple neck, wenge fingerboard and headstock. two Bart soapbars, Bart 3 band preamp w/ 3 toggle midrange switch. strung with DR Sunbeams 40-100.

comes with levi's gig bag.

asking: $1350 free UPS Ground shipping in the lower 48 only. SOLD!!!!!! thx Karl!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~jokerny1/music/bass/mtd/

EDIT: big sorry for the mixup, but it is indeed an alder body. just checked with Mike at MTD, and he made it so.

2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Sweet bass at a sweet price but if that's not an alder body I'll floss with a b-string.;)

Also, it clearly says buzz feiten tuning but it has a zero fret, isn't that mutually exclusive?

Still a nice bass;) I never met an MTD I didn't like.

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    o O nice...daddy like

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Oops!!

you guys are right. it is indeed an alder body. but prolly the MOST growliest alder bass i've ever played. wenge does wonders, no? :D

crap,

should i relist it? dont wanna mislead anyone... :(

5. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
  6. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
  7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i dunno...it looks like joker's mtd headstock is now kesagape's avatar....

8. I am just waiting impatiently to get that baby in my hands. Thanks Joker for pricing it within the reach of the working man.

Karl

9. :bassist: I am now the proud owner of Joker's MTD 435. A little more than a year ago I purchased Norm Stockton's Grooving for Heaven Video Series (Great). Shortly after that I ran into Micheal Dimin's website. Since then I have been gasing for an MTD 435. A new one was out of the question and used ones were priced at a premium if you could ever find one. I saw Joker's for sale and immediately zapped him an email. I now have it in my hands. My inital reaction....wow. I believe my gas has been permanently cured.

I want to thank Joker for such a great deal and working with me to make it happen. He is good people. It was one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that I didn't think would happen. Thanks, again Joker.

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    right back at ya, Karl...

glad to see it in the hands of someone who'll really praise Him with it!