1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: MTD 535 #1844 Blueburst Wenge/ Wenge in Excellent Condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alphaman, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    SOLD!
    MTD 535-21 Norm Stockton in excellent shape
    Myrtle Burl Top on Poplar body
    Wenge neck and fingerboard
    9.1 lbs
    Original MTD hardshell case
    21 frets
    Excellent condition with original paperwork
    SOLD!/ International shipping at cost

DSC02674.gif
    DSC02678.gif
    DSC02675.gif
    DSC02677.gif
    DSC02679.gif

2. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    Nice!

3. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Did this belong to Norm Stockton?

4. Moooon

Moooon

Nov 15, 2011
    very like ...

5. lrhew

lrhew

Dec 8, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Wish I could find a way. Bump.

6. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    Sweet MTD, if I didn't already have one this would be coming my way. No brainer here from a straight up seller.

7. Alphaman

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    It's a Norm Stockton model but was never owned by Norm.

Thanks for the interest!

8. 4to5to6

4to5to6 Bassist Supporting Member

Very nice! Michael's signature wood combo!

9. Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I only play basses that have been previously owned by Norm.

10. 4to5to6

Uhhh... Seriously??? Norm's great but I never thought his ownership of an instrument made it particularly unique or special enough to reject an identical one. Maybe I'm wrong. I've played his touring fretted bass and it's just like the many other wenge/tulip ones. I do currently own his black burst fretless 535 which is inique due to the wood combination for a fretless but it did need a lot of tweaking when I got it to make it a truly awesome MTD. Do you have his old fretless B-Quad? I've been trying to track it down. Not because Norm owned it though. Anyway, sorry if I hijacked this thread a bit. Maybe I missed something here. I'll try to stop now. PM me if you want to chat. Here's my two cents worth on Michael's hand made basses... they are extremely hi fi sensitive instruments... all of them that I've played. The bad news is that they will reveal every flaw in one's technique and playing... all is revealed! But... the good news is... in the hand of a master there is no better bass to make music on... The expression, dynamics, articulation, eveness, tone control, etc. is simply awesome! I wish I could afford three or four more in different wood combinations. I have one very close to this one or I would snap this bass up in a minute. There's not a lot of available wenge left to build basses with! Over and out.

11. I'm pretty sure drnknmstr was kidding.

12. 4to5to6

Yeah... you're probably right...

I can't believe this bass is still for sale. This is the classic MTD wood combination at a killer price. Two years ago this bass would of sold in a day!

13. Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    +1 ;)

14. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Bump for a great guy... I still really miss that 635 you traded me a couple years ago, I need another one... MTD's are just devastating... And where do you keep pulling out these awesome basses from? Wow!

15. Alphaman

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    Man do I miss that blood wood 635 too. That was an awesome bass! I've traded or sold so many awesome basses over the last few years! Hook me up with one of those cool Alleva's you have!

16. bwoodman

bwoodman Supporting Member

Bread is tight...or I'd buy this! Big fan - own a pair of pre-Gibson Killer B5s that I bought direct from Mike when he was in Burbank CA!

17. Alphaman

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    Wish I could play this like Norm Stockton bump!

18. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Oh, ick. It's another one of those terrible looking, terrible sounding terrible playing Michael Tobias basses. Dreadful. Dreadfully fantastic bump.

19. Alphaman

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    GONE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.