1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: MTD 535 Tulip - SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by chinjazz, May 9, 2010.

1. For Sale: MTD Bass 535 # 572 - $2100.00 Shipped CON US - No Trades Please....

Domestic tulip wood body, Honduran Rosewood Board/Maple

I'm the original owner - The bass was built in March 2000. It came with a Wenge/Wenge neck,
    and over the years I out grew that sound. In April of last year Michael Tobias made me another
    neck because I really wanted to open it up to get closer to more traditional tones.

He did a fantastic Job as you can see! It's somewhat unique because it's got an Ebony binding.
    He had a neck that was originally made up for a fretless, but that customer never bought it, so he put in frets. The headstock was redwood, and he stained it black and put in an Ebony truss rod cover for balance.

The neck actually feels and plays nicer than the Wenge neck to me. A few words come to mine, smooth, buttaÂ…

Tone wise, this bass still has the classic MTD slap sparkle, but I can get better bridge bark for that finger style funk thing, and it's more open.

It's not mint, but in good shape, and the neck has zero visible wear on it - Basically new. There are some body dings/marks that I can send very high resolution images. I also have all of these images below in high resolution.

Weighs in at a approx 8 LBS.. Super comfortable, and still a great bass.

Selling it because I need to lower some of my dept, and I've got too many basses.

Comes with the original paper work, and hard shell case.

Pics:

MTD53503_w.
    MTD53506_w.
    MTD53507_w.
    MTD53511_w.
    MTD53513_w.
    MTD53515_w.
    Feet don't come with the bass :)

PM me if interested...

Thanks!

2. man this thing looks epic!

3. t0t0m

t0t0m

Dec 8, 2008
    Beautiful bass...

4. Thanks for the feedback and inquiries
    tonight!

I'll check back in the morning!

Time to Zzzzzzzzzzzz :)

5. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    That's a great price for a 535. Should get snapped up soon...

6. Payment sent:hyper:

7. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Yes, congrats my man! Can't wait to play this baby. :bassist:

8. Bass is sold to MAISKESO!

Thanks everyone for your interest.

9. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA