1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: MTD Heir (Michael Tobias Design)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Gabriel51, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel51

Gabriel51

Sep 30, 2008
    Texas
    SOLD!

Huge variety of tones. The MTD Kingston Heir was designed to do just that. The pickup configuration, 3-band active preamp, pickup pan knob and quality tone woods allow players to dial in just the right sound for any musical situation. It has the same large pole, dual humbucking pickup as the Kingston Artist in addition to an exposed pole "J" bass pick up. Both pickups are proprietary MTD designs. The Heir can grind and bite or simply serve up the warm classic sounds bassists cherish. Eastern Hard Rock Maple neck, ash body beautifully adorned with a Flamed maple top.
    - 35" scale 5-string
    - 24 medium jumbo frets
    - Zero fret 1-3/4" wide, 5-string
    - One-piece neck with satin polyester finish
    - Carved Ash body with figured maple top
    - MTD quick release bridge
    - Double-action truss rod
    - Neck Maple
    - Five controls:volume, blend, plus 3 band EQ
    - MTD alnico J and MM pickups
    - Shielded electronics compartment
    - Buzz Feiten Tuning System

One small touched up chip at the end of the headstock, bass is really nice, it's a 9/9.5. Anything you see in the finish is going to be a reflection.
    $625, PayPal, Shipped UPS Insured to the lower 48 only...

2. Blueinred

Blueinred

Mar 12, 2009
    Greater Cincy
    Bump for what is one one of the greatest kept secrets in bass guitars. I have one in the same finish but with the maple board. This thing runs with the $2000 axes and, as the OP states, does almost every tone out there. Roll up to the neck PUP and you've got classic PBass. "Take it to the bridge!" PUP and you've got great bite and burp. Both PUPs gives that modern tone heard in so many recordings and is almost required in Modern Praise music. And if you want to drop jaws, run it through the TC Electronics Hall of Fame reverb pedal. Never fails. Low B on this thing at church removes the need for a pipe organ and the white hairs love it.

As you can tell, I adore mine. GLWTS.

3. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Yeah these are really nice and this one looks to be a fine specimen.

4. Gabriel51

Gabriel51

Sep 30, 2008
    Texas
    I really like them also and the only reason this one is for sale is because I have two...

DSCN1894_zps65da7161.

5. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Check your PMs...

6. Gabriel51

Gabriel51

Sep 30, 2008
    Texas
    Sold pending payment!

Thread Status: