1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: MTD635 Buckeye Burl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Damian Coccio, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian Coccio

Damian Coccio

Feb 7, 2002
    USA
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Guitars
    MTD635/21 Up for sale in good condition. Pains me to sell this one, it plays effortlessly and sounds incredible;, I always get compliments on the tone and looks of this bass.

I will accept paypal, credit cards, or money orders.

Price is $2200 + UPS insured shipping

Specs are:
    - buckeye burl top
    - rosewood fingerboard
    - maple neck
    - ash body- stock bart pups
    - hipshot "A" bridge
    - dunlop strap buttons
    - Original Zero-G Case

This is my first classified post on talkbass, so in light of a complete and prefectionist disclosure, I looked at the condition carefully before posting and here is what I found:

Overall the bass is in great condition, the back, top and headstock is impeccable with absolutely no scratches. The frets have very little wear.

-The bridge has some very minor dings as shown in the pics
    -The top horn has an minor impression (not a scratch) that measures 0.43 inches long this is shown in the pics.
    -The seam between the two piece of the top is noticeable (just barely) in some spots due to shrinkage of the wood.

Here is the some of the text of the letter that came with the bass for your reference.

This is an MTD635. This is the 1058th bass of my MTD series. The serial number is 1058022004.

The body is ash with a buckeye burl top. The neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard. This bass is delivered with the revolutionary Buzz Feiten Tuning System. This system will show a great improvement in tuning when playing chords and when working with a keyboard and horns. I recommend the Korg DT7 tuner which has the "Feiten Mode" built in. Tuning is normal in every way except the intonation. The tuner has the pitch offsets burned into the chip and all you need to do is follow the simple instructions in the tuner manual to achieve the proper intonation settings.

This bass is 35" scale with 21 frets. The neck and body are hand finished with an epoxy base coat and catalyzed urethane topcoat. This should make a great feeling and durable fnish. Upkeep on the finish is simple. This can be done with "Butchers Wax" (follow the directions on the can) or it can be cleaned and polished with any high quality guitar polish. The fingerboard should also be oiled regularly with a good quality wood oil or mineral oil. Be sure to wipe off the excess.

The new truss rod is a true double acting rod and will adjust in bodth directions. It is adjustable with the 4 mm Allen wrench supplied with this package.

The strings are MTD strings gagued: .030, 045, .065, .105, and .135. They are available through your dealer.

The pick-ups and active electronics are custom made by Bill Bartolini. The controls are: master volume and a pan pot, treble, mid, bass cut and boost, with center click (from neck to bridge). The three position switch selects the mid range cut and boost point. Down is lower mids (250); center is middle (500) and up is upper mids (1000). When the mid pot is at center click, the switch has minimal effect. This eq has 2 batteries and is a +/- 9 volt system. Be especialy careful not to change the batteries when the bass is plugged in. There is a trim pot inside the control cavity to adjust the gain.

100_0710-1.
    100_0702.
    100_0711.
    100_0708.
    100_0706.
    100_0705.
    100_0704.
    100_0703.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This is a great deal for whoever has the dough!:D

3. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Pm sent

4. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Great price on a magnificent instrument!! I wouldn't sell mine this cheap, somebody buy it now!!

5. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Im already on it.

6. Damian Coccio

Damian Coccio

Feb 7, 2002
    USA
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Guitars
    SOLD in record time. Guess the price was right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.