1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: MusicMan Big Al 4SSS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by projectapollo, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    I love this MusicMan Big Al so much I ordered a custom factory job arriving in late October. So, this beauty needs to give up its wall hook for the new bass.

In mint condition, Big Al 4SSS with 4-band active EQ and rosewood fretboard. Offered in the very handsome Olive Gold color which is discontinued. This is one of the original Alder tonewood bodies which I like quite a bit.

The Big Al is very nice as the pushbuttons allow pick-up combinations that give instant, distinct, very useable tone selections. Like having at least three basses in one. The signature sound appears to be with all buttons up where the bass displays a nice slightly aggressive growl. Solo the middle pick-up in passive mode and many feel you have a great P-bass tone.

$1200 shipped in the US. Shipping to Europe is no problem, too -- probably about $130 USD.

BigAl4SSSOliveGold002.gif

IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT TO SHOW OFF THE SPARKLE:
    BigAl4SSSOliveGold004.gif

2. DrFunkenstein

DrFunkenstein Inactive

Sep 21, 2010
    Cuse, cny
    Endorsing Artist: Warrior Guitars
    I'm in love!! Any trades?

3. bump for GOLD!

4. Great color/pickguard combo.

Mike

5. Wyrm74

Wyrm74

Oct 28, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    That's killer!

6. RockFistMusic

RockFistMusic

Apr 25, 2008
    JAX FL
    I have a pearl white pick guard for that ; )

7. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Saturday shopping bump.

8. Manfloozy

Manfloozy

Jul 30, 2009
    SW Florida
    Bump for a great guy and an AWESOME bass. This one looks even better in person, feels and plays great and sounds awesome! Great great great piece of wood with some serious tone!

Pick this one up NOW! They discontinued Olive Gold, and it is one of the nicest finishes!!!

9. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!

10. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Wow!!!!!

11. RockFistMusic

RockFistMusic

Apr 25, 2008
    JAX FL
    Nice, fast, thin jazzy neck - LOADS of tone. I had one- the ONLY reason I sold it was that I am doing much more metal/heavy rock these days.

Otherwise this is a serious instrument for the $$ folks.....

12. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    This bass is heading to Sweden.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.