1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Musicman Bongo HH 4 w HSC - Graphite Pearl (near new)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Bongo is SOLD!!!! (thanks Pablo!)

She's in excellent condition (near new). Protective plastic is even still on the pickguard (that's how mint it is). Plays great. Very low action. KILLER tone!!!! Only a few minor blemishes - some clear coat rub from on both sides of the headstock from being on a wall hanger in the shop where I bought her (I bought her new) and one very small ding on one of the sides and a very small one at the very tip of the headstock. Both are extremely minor. Zero fret wear. Bass is damn near new. Even still has the factory protective stickers on the back (they peel right off).

I don't have the OHSC (this was one of my bargaining tools when I bought her, because I don't gig with cases, only high-end gig bags). I do have several hardshell cases laying around that I don't use. One of them is an old original Musicman Sterling case which may work. I'll check which of my cases fits her best when I get home this eve.

I see these typically sell for $850 - $1200 here on TB depending on condition. I'll lean way towards the low side of pricing and let her go for just $899 (+actual shipping) for a quick sale. I don't expect her to be here long at this price. Again, this bass is practically brand new and sell for $1400 - $1500ish new at most dealers and again, typically sell for more than I am asking here on TB. I can snap actual pics this eve, but looks almost exactly like the one below (right down to the swirly pickguard).

Update: scroll further down in the thread for actual pics!

[​IMG]

2. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

Nice!

3. Quadzilla

Updates:

1- I got an offer on this bass, but it's too low (thanks anyway)

2 - I got home and found out that a vintage G&G USA case I have fits her like a glove. The case is in good shape and is a lot more heavy-duty and the molded plastic cases that ship with Musicman basses now. Actually, older (80's) Musicman basses used to ship with G&G cases like this one and the Limitied Edition and Anniversary models still use the G&G cases like mine (verses the regular cheap plastic case).

4. is that GC carpet?

5. Quadzilla

As noted in the first post, the bass pictured is not the one I'm selling. It's a pic I stole from GC's site. I'll post actual pics later. Good eye!

6. if it was a 5 a would be over this! anyway free bump for a great price and a great guy!

7. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Good grief! I should really get my old DB sold!

8. Quadzilla

Here are the real-deal pictures! As you can see, she still has the factory stickers on the back from when new. This baby has almost zero playing time on her and I still have the original hang tag for $1400 for her (retail is over $2000).

100_1291.

100_1290.

100_1294.

100_1292.

100_1293.

Vintage G&G wood/tolex case in great shape (much better than the stock plastic case!!!)!

100_1289.

9. Quadzilla

Bongo is SOLD!!!! (thanks Pablo!)