1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Musicman Stingray 4 in Lava Pearl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BostonTerror, Aug 18, 2012.

1. BostonTerror

BostonTerror Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Ok, I tried selling this fantastic lava pearl SR4 a couple of weeks ago. Had a couple of nibbles, but I'm putting it back on the market.

Ladies & Gents - for your perusal - a 2003 Musicman Stingray 4 in lava pearl, white pearloid pick guard, and a maple neck with a matching painted headstock.

The bass body's got a couple of really tiny scratches on the rear of the body, but nothing that goes further than the clear coat - you really have to hunt for them. The top rear of the neck has a pencil tip sized ding on it; I've attached a photo of it with a quarter for reference. Maple neck, wayyyyy low action; this is the lowest action I've had on a bass w/out fret buzz. Frets have tons of life in them, the bass has the signature SR growl that they're known for. I love this bass, but I love my jazz more and I can't keep this one around. I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to and I think this should go to a new owner who will appreciate and play it more than I do.

I'm asking $800 for it, including shipping to the lower 48 in the continental US. The bass will ship in a Fender PVC form fitted hard shell case along with a set of Schaller strap locks. I'll ship to Canada, but I'll need some more funds to get it there. I'm looking for a straight sale; I'll accept personal checks, money orders, and PayPal for payment (bass won't ship until funds clear). I'm not really looking for trades at this time (unless you've got some digital SLR gear that I'd consider)

IMG_0360.

IMG_0362.

IMG_0364.

IMG_0367.

IMG_0369.

IMG_0371.

2. That's beautiful. If I didn't just buy a sterling ray34ca I would definely want to get it.

3. MellyMel

MellyMel Fender De-Fender

May 1, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Man it matches my ice blue BFR...wish i had something you wanted. Glwts.

4. BostonTerror

Dec 31, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Bump

5. bassthumpersf

bassthumpersf

May 30, 2010
    Weight?

6. BostonTerror

Dec 31, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Bass has been sold and is en route to the buyer. Thanks for your inquiries.