1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: My 70's SVT. Local NJ/PA/MD/DE **Lower Price**

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by NickyBass, Nov 27, 2006.

1. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    **Price reduced for quicker sale. I'm moving soon, so I'm selling off some gear.**

I'm looking to sell my mid to late 70's SVT. It is in good condition and was just serviced by Denis Kager. For those who don't know Denis, he used to work at Ampeg and was recently contacted to consult on the new SVT-VR. So, he knows his way around SVTs like nobody else.

I had a 1x15 cabinet made for me by fliptops.net. It's pretty light weight and a great alternative to the 8x10.

This is offered locally only since it was recently serviced and everything works great. The only problem I have with it is that the fan is loud. This isn't noticable when gigging, but annoying when practising at home.

The price is $1500 for the set.

Here's a pic of the head: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39522&d=1154787985

The cab looks like this one, but made to work with the SVT. Mine is bit different, but the looks are similiar.
    http://www.fliptops.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=61_82&products_id=623

You would be more than welcome to try it out.

As always, I am open to trade offers. What do you have?

2. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I just wanted to add that I don't mind driving a bit to get this to you. Up to an hour or so would be cool with me. I'm about 2 hours from New York City, so if you guys can get a ride down, we could meet up halfway on the TurnPike.

3. believe me i'm tempted, i just can't figure a way to come up with $2k.

4. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Bump for a new lower price.

5. tomich

tomich

Sep 8, 2006
    Barcelona, Spain
    The dream rig.

6. Is this still available? Also, would you consider splitting it up or is that a no go?

7. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Yup, still available. I will split them up. PM me with your thoughts.

8. Bump for an honest seller and a great guy to deal with!

9. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Thanks Dominic. This head sounds killer with the NV610. KILLER. I wish I could, but I can't keep them all. Maybe this will start my NV215 fund!!

10. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
  11. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Another bump