1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: My Alembic/QSC/MOTU setup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BullCityBass, May 4, 2006.

1. BullCityBass

BullCityBass

Jun 14, 2005
    Durham, NC
    I am selling my Bass amp setup to go with something more compact. All gear was purchased new by me and has never left my bedroom (ie. never gigged).

All gear is to be sold together, I will not seperate the rack so please dont ask. I am going back to an integrated amp since I need to downsize my rig. Basically I am looking to get the new Eden WT1205 so I would be willing to trade all this for one of those if you have one.

I have an Alembic F1-X tube preamp, one of the best preamps out there and built like a tank. I have installed a GT mullard reissue 12aX7 tube in there and it sounds awesome.

The power amp is a QSC audio PLX 2402, 2400 watt amp. Super clean, ultra low noise and very light. 700 watts per channel x 2 into 4 ohms. Very punchy!

there is also a MOTU Traveler 1U audio interface/mixer in the rack, it is one of the best interefaces out there, if you know MOTU you will agree. I use it as a mixer to blend signals and to input my drum machine and then send it to my amp and my computer. No computer needed though, operates as a stand alone unit. Nice if you want to add a mic or two, or an extra bass as well, has tons of inputs and outputs, 4 seperate bus mixes and a headphone output so you can practice with the amp off.

all the gear is enclosed in a new Road Ready 6U shallow 13" deep rack case so its not as deep as a typical amp rack case, its smaller and easier to carry with retractable handles on the side.

All gear is in 'as new' condition and will not be seperated, this is an amazing sounding bass rig at a great price. I know shipping will be pretty high since this rack does weigh a few pounds so I will get an exact quote when it sells but im sure it will be in the $60-$80 range.

There are also two free spots open on the rack, one I have a 1u vent spacer in, the other is for your power conditioner. That is the only thing I am keeping out of this rack since I will need it for my new amp.

all gear is about 1 year old and I am asking $1600 for the whole rack.

thanks,
    Chris