1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS my handmade fanned fret 6 string "sea monster" bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by THIRSTYGUMS, Sep 11, 2008.

1. FOR SALE- 6 string, fanned fret, neck through, active, custom, totally one of a kind, unique handmade bass, lovingly slaved over for 6 months in the summer of 2006!!!!!!
    013bodfully.
    001flatbutt.
    011bod.
    This was the first bass i built back in 2006, NUMBER 1, ever!... and it has not been gigged or played more than by prospective customers testing it .
    ive built a load more since and my modest home is filling up with basses!

Here is the progress/ build thread in glorious technicolour and anally retentive detail!
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256832&highlight=sea+monster

and here is a link to me playing it (shabbily!) on youtube:

Now for the details-
    I have since replaced the metal knobs with matching hand carved walnut and tiger maple ones. This bass has a deep and thick neck and diamante side dots as this was what i was into at the time. I will shave the neck to your preference (or leave it fat) and install markers of your choice, inlays or any other minor modification you would like to see at a reasonable price ON TOP OF THIS SALE PRICE.
    The bass plays PERFECTLY and is set up with low action, no buzz and great tone. There are some imperfections in the building as you would expect from a first time handmade instrument but the photos on the build thread tell the story.
    E-mail me and we can discuss.

You will not find a 6 string fanned fret bass anywhere in the world, anywhere near this price.

I handcrafted this bass entirely and I STAND BY ITS QUALITY AND BUILD- any options or ideas, any problems whatsoever (unlikely as this bass is a tank) and i am readily available to sort them either through talkbass- myspace- bebo- hotmail- MSN or by phone! (private message me)
    Serious offers only please as this is not only a quality instrument but of great sentimental value to me.:crying:
    I want $900 for her as is- an absolute steal

2. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    You did the 8 strings for one of the guys from Putrefy, right? I'm a long time admirer of your work!

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

how much would shipping to US be?

4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    I was wondering why that year seemed so long!

BUMP - nice bass!

Dan K.

5. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    You shouldn't sell this...

6. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    You have PM.

7. Hey buddy! yup thankyou so much!

8. my friends say the same but I kind of like the idea of it being out there getting played-

9. Grantrudd

Grantrudd

Jun 26, 2007
    Boston MA
    what are the scale lengths on this instrument. looks great. i am seriously drooling over this. just wish i could come up with the funds quick enough to take this one.

edit: i decided to check the build thread. that doesnt change my gas status though. only if i had the scratch...

10. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    bump for beauty

11. dakpluto

dakpluto

Oct 14, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Wow...I wish I could make something like that. Amazing.

12. this bass is undergoing an overhaul to tie up certain aspects of the build that i was less than satifsfied with, more pics and soundclips shortly.

13. Do you have a £ price?

14. hi, yes using the XE.com converter that is £500

15. Polk Salad

Polk Salad Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2007
    BEAUTIFUL!

16. That's insanely cheap! Incredible! Too bad I have no desire to learn how to play fanned frets. Do you have a showcase of any other of your creations?

17. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    very nice looking work. Are you building intruments for a living or.................?

18. no just a labour of love, i dont think you can really make a living out of this until you've been in the game a long time, and earned a name for yourself. Time will tell so...

19. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    I love this bass! I'm just ultra sorry I'm not into 6ers :( Sorry man, but that's a great, great bass

20. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    PM