1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Natural Lakland 55-01 $575.00 Shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by madbassplaya, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    These have been going in the 600-650 range here lately it seems, so 575 shipped isn't a bad price, IMO.

I bought this bass as a mod platform. I was going to drop the active pre and Barts for a passive circuit and Nordstrand Big Splits. However, I just don't have the time and money to invest in this project right now.

The bass is in great shape and is only 7 months old. Crafted in Indonesia and finished in Chicago this bass has got low action and plays great. I had a Korean 5501 and this one is easily on par and plays slightly better than the MIK 01 I had. I was pleasantly surprised. :)

The bass is set up with Stainless DR Low Riders and is ready to go.

Here are the features:
    Ash body
    Flat-sawn maple neck
    A choice of fretboard woods (maple or rosewood)
    Bartolini MK1 split-coil soapbar pickups
    3-band buffered active preamp
    Controls include cut/boost bass, mid, and treble, a panning-style pickup blend, and master volume (with pull-out switching to bypass EQ)
    35" scale

Here are some pictures

2012-01-06_14-36-24_971.

2012-01-06_14-36-31_190.

2012-01-06_14-36-40_128.

2012-01-06_14-36-52_236.

2012-01-06_14-36-52_236.

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Thanks for the offer FSB! :)

I'm really only interested in 5 string basses these days, but I appreciate your offer. If you decide you wanna buy, let me know. :)

Also, would it be possible for you to edit your post and remove the duplication of my images? They are quite large and I don't wanna clutter the thread.

Thanks for the offer and bump! :)

3. Naxalez

Naxalez

Mar 11, 2011
    California
    weight please?

4. I agree....an awesome price for a 55-01! You see all these threads where folks ask, "Recommend an affordable good bass".

Here. It. Is.

It even has the right number of strings!:)

5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Between 9-10, I believe. :)

This is probably one of the best values in the bass market, IMO. Thanks for the bump.

I have this for sale locally as well and just received an email about it.

Hope it sells soon, either way. :hyper:

6. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Beautiful Central, NY
    +1

7. + 2 Good Luck!

8. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    You won't find a better bass for the money.
    And the guy selling it is TOP NOTCH!!!

GLWTS, my bass brutha!

9. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Thank you guys!

This is a great bass. No case or bag is included at this price, but I will double box it for safe shipping and handling!

10. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Still here! :)

11. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Pm's replied.

12. Payment sent. Glad to be joining the Lakland club.

13. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Glad it's sold! I held out for years and resisted buying one of these and finally did a few weeks ago..right out of the box it nailed the sound I've been trying to get from another bass for 2 years :/

14. Good for you, sojourner!....put some Daddario Chromes on that puppy and listen to that B-string ring loud, long and smooth!

I have the 55-01 in tritone sunburst and fretless with ebony fingerboard. Mwahhvelous!

15. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep those Chromes in mind. I think I actually have a set lying around, but may be a 4 string set. Woodwind & Brasswind had some clearance deals on strings a couple years ago and I picked up a few difference sets. Still sealed in the package. I can always grab a single low B somewhere to complete the set.

16. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Go to bassstringsonline.com and register as a VIP. Best prices and service on the web!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.