1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: NEAR NEW CARVIN BX1200 BASS HEAD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by SlingBass4, Sep 26, 2009.

1. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    I bought this 7 months ago and it will ship in the original box with all paperwork (unregistered). It's been out of the house under 10 times for gigs, and is in excellent - as close to brand new condition as can be found! Most know the reputation of this beast, and that's why it's for sale - it's just more than I need. If you are in need of an amp that will handle ANY venue - this is it, and it's a bargain! CONUS, only. USPS Money Order preferred......PayPal accepted.

$450.00 insured & shipped

- Advanced Equalization - three EQ sections
    - Active Passive front panel input gain switch
    - 5-band three sweep tone control section
    - 9-band foot switch able graphic EQ
    - Single knob silent Optical compressor w/auto limiter
    - Internal crossover for bi-amp system
    - Preamp DRIVE and MASTER volume controls
    - XLR Direct out with Level, ground lift & pre-post preamp controls
    - Effects loop Switch able by front panel or FS22 footswitch
    - Tune output jack independent of mute switch.
    - High current Speakon connectors
    - RMS 8 ohm 275W/ch, 4 ohm 400W/ch, 2ohm 600W/ch
    - 8 ohms Bridge 800W, 4 ohms Bridge 1200W
    - THD less than .03% at 90% output.
    - Freq. Resp.: 20-20k Hz
    - Dual speed fan
    - Active Passive input (-10DB)
    - Covered in black vinyl
    - 5.7" H x 21.6" W x 12" D

Attached Files:

2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

BUMP for a great head. I picked up one of these as a backup and I love it! Tons of power, configurable to both bi-amp or mono, stereo or bridged operation AND two-ohm capable. What more can you ask for?

dcr

3. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    PM sent

4. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    Thanks for the offers, folks - and thanks especially for the added info and kind words, dcr! Still available!

Attached Files:

5. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    Let's try a factory pic ("it's the same thing")...:p

Attached Files:

6. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    Apparently this wasn't clear to some - I ran the 2 channels bridged at 8 and 4 ohms. The head recieved the editors pick award for 2007. Link:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=BX1200

MORE info from the site:

The BX1200 mono block bass heads offer rich tone generated from discrete Class A preamps and the extensive equalization features. The EQ starts up front with the contour control going from a flat mid response to a heavy scooped mid response for slap bass players. The 5-band tone control section features three semi-parametric EQ controls and high and low shelving controls. The EQ includes a footswitchable 9 - band Graphic EQ. To warm up the sound, the preamp DRIVE can push the Class A preamps to a slight warm growl. The BX1200 and BX600 provide the ultimate in tone diversity.

The BX1200 dual mono block bass head offers rich tone generated from discrete Class A preamps and the extensive equalization features. The EQ starts up front with the contour control going from a flat mid response to a heavy scooped mid response for slap bass players. The 5-band tone control section features three semi-parametric EQ controls and high and low shelving controls. The EQ includes a footswitchable 9 - band Graphic EQ. To warm up the sound, the preamp DRIVE can push the Class A preamps to a slight warm growl. The BX1200 provides the ultimate in tone diversity.

7. Free bump for a great head at a great price! (Which I unfortunately cant afford on my meager salary as a lowly painter...)

8. lovefist

lovefist

Mar 27, 2008
    I'm interested in your head

9. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    Talk to me :D Pretty much everything important is contained in the first post ;)

10. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    In answer to a request for close-up of the front panel...

Picture022.

Picture023.

11. FrogmanCometh

FrogmanCometh

Oct 2, 2009
    Kitchener/Toronto, Canada
    Endorsing artist for Lakland Basses; featured artist for Schroeder Cabinets
    Out of curiosity, with a high-powered head like this, if you don't have 1200W of cabs but you want to go more than 400W, is there a straight-forward way of limiting the output? Besides, of course, not turning it up past say 60%?

12. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    Absolutely. The head is stronger than the 2 single 12" speaker cabs (rated @ 500rms each) I use. The settings you see on the pic is what I use bridged into these cabs. Turn the #1 power amp control to desired setting, *I* keep the gain/drive at about 9 o'clock, no need for the graphics, and vary the power between 10 & 12 o'clock, and adjust bass guitar according to what I like. No tweets in the cabs - so nice direct, clean, punchy sound. IF one wants more grit - flatten out your controls to about 12 o'clock, and you have it. Infinately adjustable to taste and room situation. Fine tune with graphics. Simple and sweet :smug:

13. FrogmanCometh

FrogmanCometh

Oct 2, 2009
    Kitchener/Toronto, Canada
    Endorsing artist for Lakland Basses; featured artist for Schroeder Cabinets
    PM sent.

14. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    STILL ABAILABLE!

bump.