1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Nearly new Fender MIA American Deluxe 5 neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by tbar0000, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbar0000

tbar0000 Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Northern NJ
    FS: Hardly used 2013 Fender MIA American Deluxe Jazz 5 string neck (only)

This neck came off a brand new 2013 Fender Amer Deluxe Jazz 5. Since I couldn't get a Black Amer Deluxe 5 bass with rosewood from Fender these days without custom ordering, within months of purchase I ended up replacing the maple neck with rosewood and with a am very happy with the bass: Now the spare maple neck has to go.

This neck came off my newly purchased 2013 Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5 purchased from Sweetwater Sound ( SN US13003474).

The bass came with the nut cut poorly (by Fender)- the G string was cut far too close to the edge of the fingerboard.
    I chose to keep the bass due to the low weight and have the nut replaced under Fender warranty. A local shop replaced the nut, and while the G string is cut much better, the B strng nut appears to be cut a little far from the fingerboard edge IMHO. Your call if you want to replace the nut again (Maybe I'm just too picky). Just giving the full disclaimer here.

The neck comes as is- no tuners, bolts, or mount plate- Just the neck (and string trees) like in the pic. Stratosphere (Ebay) sells these for $550. Fender does not offer Amer Deluxe 5 necks, but the Amer Deluxe 4 necks cost $500- the 5's will surely be more if/when the become available.

Asking $400 shipped Con US. Paypal accepted.

Attached Files:

2. tbar0000

Feb 2, 2004
    Northern NJ
    A few more pics...

Attached Files:

3. tbar0000

Feb 2, 2004
    Northern NJ

Attached Files: