1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: New 2012 Fender American Standard Jazz Bass Body in Charcoal Frost - no neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by hoffmanj, Mar 24, 2013.

1. hoffmanj

hoffmanj Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I put this in the basses for sale forum because it's much closer to a complete bass than a part or accessory, but mods please feel free to move if needed.

This 2012 Fender American Standard Jazz Bass body is in new, unplayed condition. The loaded body weight is 6 lbs. 5 oz. The color is Charcoal Frost Metallic, which has been discontinued after 2012.

Features include:

• Fender Custom Shop '60s Pickups
    • High Mass Vintage Bridge
    • Thinner Finish Undercoat for Greater Resonance

The neck plate and screws are included, along with the new OHSC and unopened case candy and paperwork. Just add your favorite neck and you'll have the whole package.

Will ship in the original Fender shipping box.

I bought this new and sold the maple neck because I wanted to match the body up to a rosewood blocks / binding neck I have, but I ended up changing my mind.

I have this on eBay with a price of $625, but will sell for $575 shipped / PayPal'd in the lower 48 to a TBer. I think it's a great price considering they sell online for $1,350 (including the neck, of course..). Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jmverdugo

jmverdugo

Oct 11, 2012
    Katy TX
    Probably a dumb question but Do you know if a MIM jazz bass neck would fit in this body?

Thanks, j

3. hoffmanj

Jul 20, 2004
    Yes - they should all fit standard neck pockets - Fender MIA, Fender MIM, Allparts, Warmoth, USACG etc.

4. logans59

logans59

Jul 1, 2012
    Kennesaw, GA
    Trades?

5. hoffmanj

Jul 20, 2004
    Sorry, not interested in trades.

6. starmann

starmann Flats and Fingers Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2011
    US
    Bump for a GREAT seller!

I've bought from Jim and his stuff is perfect.

GLWTS

7. hoffmanj

Jul 20, 2004
    Thanks, starmann! A number of interested parties, but no one has pulled the trigger yet.

8. hoffmanj

Jul 20, 2004
    Added pic of case, case candy, box etc.

9. hoffmanj

Jul 20, 2004
    Sold!