Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Nice Acoustic/Electric $125 +$25 Shipping

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Quadzilla, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

SOLD to mattsk42!!! Thanks Matt!!!

Bought this a year ago or so. It's a wine red - flame maple top (click on the below pic on the left to see the flame top better) acoustic/electric 4 string, 34" scale bass. Don't buy some bargain bass off of Ebay when you don't know how it's setup, plays and/or is possibly defective. Anyway, it's made by Grand. It appears to have mahogany sides. It comes with a pretty nice gig bag that made by Grand as well and fits the bass perfectly (no looseness or shifting while in the bag).

The electronics look to be Fishman to me but but only markings on the preamp is "EQ 7545" (Fishman part number?). It does play rather well. When I got it, it needed a setup (some mild frett buzzing). I took it to a local shop with a good setup guy. It plays very nice now. I just put new strings on it (Martin Acoustic bass strings).

The bass is in great shape, with no scratches or dings and only played in my bedroom. I've hooked the bass up to my amp, the electronics work well. It's no $1000+ bass guys, but I'm not asking that either. Overall, she sounds and plays very nice though. I just bought a higher end 5 string acoustic/electric and this needs to go to a good home.

I've been a supporting member here since 2002, have 100% perfect feedback (76 buys and sells) on Ebay (check my id, it's Quadzilla69). No this is not on Ebay yet. I've sold a head here (SWR) on TB with no issues. First $125 +$25 shipping gets it. I will ship it in it's gig bag and boxed very well (I already have all the packing materials from the other acoustic I just bought). See pictures. :bassist:

Click on below thumbnails to make pics bigger

2. Quadzilla

First pic below is just a bad pic (lighting and bass could have used a cleaning of finger prints).

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    :(

If Only I didn't buy the SX I'd be able to buy this. Sorry, as much as I'd love to I've gotta pass up on an AEB for this cheap...

4. Quadzilla

I hear ya Minger. Thanks for looking anyway and thanks for the bump!

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    what brand?

What's the scale length?

6. If you read the post at the head of the thread, you will see that the "brand" is Grand. :) :)

7. Quadzilla

I'm pretty sure it's a 32" because it feels shorter than my 34", but I'll have to check this eve to be sure. Do I just measure from one end of the frett board to the other?

8. im pretty sure (but i could be wrong) its from the nut to the bridge

9. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

OK cool, y'all must know my reading skillz suk.

So, the brand is Grand and the scale isn't. :D

10. http://www.daddario.com/guitartips/dawbbass.htm

i was close

11. Quadzilla

It could be a 34", could be a 32", can't remember. I'll measure when I get home from work this eve (6-ish eastern or so).

12. Quadzilla

Measured per instructions, 34" scale....

Update (2/24): measures really at about 33". Strange?

13. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    hmm...

gosh, I need to buy plane tix. I'm gonna let another lucky TB'er grab it.

sorry for the elusive tire-kick.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    PM sent....

-Mike

15. Quadzilla

16. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Would you ship to Aus? I'l PM with shipping details/adress.

17. Quadzilla

PM me your address details and I'll price it. Not sure if it would be worth it to you, but I'm willing to get the price (I won't mark up the shipping either).

18. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Want to trade for an OLP MM2?

Maple fretboard, black body/wht pickguard.

Very good condition. Has one mismatched knob (came that way from the distributor). And includes a gig bag.

:)

Joe.

19. Quadzilla

Is that a 4 or 5 string (I may be interested if it's a 5-string)?

20. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I believe the MM2s are 4 strings.