1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS - Nordstrand 3 band pre amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jonnymorrow, Jan 23, 2012.

1. jonnymorrow

jonnymorrow

Jul 8, 2005
    Hey guys. This is an awesome pre that I installed in an old passive jazz bass. I decided to go back to passive but this pre made that bass thump! I currently have the pre amp mounted on a home made 5 hole control plate for easy install onto a fender jazz. The configuration is Volume (pull passive) Blend, Bass/Treb stack and mid with push pull frequency selector. This pre does not have a passive tone control but one can easily be added by soldering a 50k pot off the volume pot. I just didn't have room for it on my plate and didn't really miss it as I used the bass in active mode all the time.

Also I soldered on quick plugs for the pickups that work and sound great and make install super easy. These plugs can be found at any hobby store or if you'd rather solder the connections just, cut them off.

I paid $200 for it but make me an offer. Cash is always king but I might be open to trades.

photo1.
    photo2.

2. jonnymorrow

jonnymorrow

Jul 8, 2005
    Bump

3. jonnymorrow

jonnymorrow

Jul 8, 2005
    anyone?

4. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Can you put the battery under the plate?

5. jonnymorrow

jonnymorrow

Jul 8, 2005
    The battery will not fit under the plate. You'll either need room under the pick guard or power it externally. I powered it externally using a home made trs cable and a battery pack at my amp.

6. Astroman

Astroman Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    Winston-Salem, NC
    ... you're on the wrong forum. This should be on the amps & preamps classifieds page.

7. jonnymorrow

jonnymorrow

Jul 8, 2005
    My mistake. Moved to pre amps...