1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Nordstrand J pickups - NJ5F

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by trbostic, Jul 30, 2012.

1. trbostic

trbostic Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Columbia, SC
    I have had these pickups for less than a week, they sound great but I prefer pickups without exposed magnets. Here is the information about the pickups. Items come in original packaging asking $150 shipped, they are $185 new!

NJ5F
    These are Fender Jazz 5® replacement pickups. They will fit into your existing covers and make your 5 string Fender® come to life. They are based on the same formula that makes Nordstrand's NJ4 pickups sound so good: Alnivo V magnets and Heavy Formvar 42 gauge wire wound in a simulated hand pattern. They have a nice growly bridge pickup tone, a big full neck pickup tone and a huge deep earth shaking tone with both pickups on. They will definitely make your bass sound better! These also fit Lakland® Joe Osborn 5 (US and Skyline versions). Includes black covers.

Pickup length: Bridge = 4.10", Neck = 3.965"

2. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    you could ask Nordstrand to sell you a set of closed covers... if you do like the pups.

3. trbostic

Jun 20, 2011
    Columbia, SC
    I already replaced them with some Delano's. Thanks for the info, ill keep that in mind for future projects!

4. trbostic

Jun 20, 2011
    Columbia, SC
    Price drop 140!

5. trbostic

Jun 20, 2011
    Columbia, SC
    Pictures as requested

Attached Files:

6. trbostic

Jun 20, 2011
    Columbia, SC
    Sold!

7. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    When you sell you should also close your thread :) courtesy to your TB brothers. Thanks.;)