Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Nordstrand NJ4SE's

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jja412, Jul 10, 2005.

1. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

One set of Nordstrand NJ4SE; This is Careys modern take on the jazz pickup. It is a great sounding pickup, is humcancelling, has a high output, and in my opinion is the best jazz pu ever. I have three sets and only 2 jazz basses to put them in, so one set's for sale!!!

GONE!!!

2. Peter Weil

Peter Weil Seeker of The New Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    What's wrong with international sales? :bawl:

I'd buy them if you didn't mind shipping to the UK.

Pete

3. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
  4. Are these pickups brand new in box? I've been looking at dropping a set of these in my MIA Jazz Dlx.

Thanks Bryan

5. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    They were installed for a few months, but have little to no wear.... in great condition.

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    not familiar with the name, I'm guessing this is for a 4 string?

7. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Yep... 4 string jazz pickups.

8. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Bump for awesome p/u's, these make a REAL difference.

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    You have PM.

10. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I'm interested in these, but I do have a question. Right now I have a bass with EMG-HZ pickups in them, could I replace the EMGs with these pickups? I know there would be a space because the HZs are soapbar pickups but I'm not worried about that. I looked at the specs page on Carey's pickup site, but it is listed as "coming soon" along with the wiring page.

I'm not clear on active pickup vs. passive pickup, but I know my EMG-HZs are passive pickups connected to an active (18V) preamp. Are the pickups you're selling passive or active?

Thanks for any information you could provide. I'm definitely interested in these pickups.

11. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    WillPlay4Food -
    The Nordies are a passive pickup with a side by side humbucking design. No hum, great jazz bass sound. They fit the standard 4 string jazz bass route. You should have no issues attaching them to your 18v pre.

The standard jazz route is 3-5/8" wide for the neck route; 3-3/4" wide for the bridge route.

12. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Hmmm, it seems my pickups are only 3-3/8" wide. I'll have to think about whether I want to route my bass as I haven't done anything like that before. These pickups would actually be my first ever bass mod.

I'll have to lull this over. Let me get back to you in a day. Obviously if someone else wants them before I get back to you then it's my loss. I just really need to mull over routing the bass since I was abysmal in carpentry class back in tech. school. :)

13. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Bumpage....thought these would be gone by now??? :confused:

14. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    If I didn't have to route my bass I'd be all over these. Sorry man, I just can't bring myself to do it. :(

15. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I don't blame you.... I've done it before; and it is an ominous task the first time around...

16. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Not enuff interest.... I'm keeping them until my next project.

Thanks to all who were interested.

Joe

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You won't regret that decision. :D

-Mike

18. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis