1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Nordstrand NJ5F 5-string Fender Jazz replacement pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by stingray69, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Had these about 6 months, but need to sell these to acquire other things on my GAS list. These are the true single coil (not split-coil, humcancelling SE's) Nordstrand replacement pickups for Fender 5-string Jazz basses. These are a great sounding set of pickups - perhaps some of the best I've ever tried. They have a fantastic 60's era vintage tone to them with a good amount of growl & great clarity. Construction is impeccable. Mint condition - not a single scratch on the pickup covers. I've also shielded the pole pieces in the rear of the pickups & added a ground wire which can be soldered to an already shielded pickup cavity (if yours happens to be). Or this bluish-green wire can simply be removed if you like. I can tell you that these were dead-quiet in my shielded jazz bass with the additional shielding I've done here, so I recommend utilizing the extra shielding I've added if you can. There is a ton of length still left on both pickup wires - no worries in that regard either. Pickups come with pickup mounting screws (not shown in the pics) & the pickup covers. I did not receive foam or springs when I purchased these & therefore are not included, but most likely you already have those in your existing bass.

100_1131.
    100_1132.
    100_1133.
    100_1130.

Description from most places on the internet:

Nordstrand NJ5F:

These are Fender Jazz 5® replacement pickups. They will fit into your existing covers and make your 5 string Fender® come to life. They are based on the same formula that makes Nordstrand's NJ4 pickups sound so good: Alnivo V magnets and Heavy Formvar 42 gauge wire wound in a simulated hand pattern. They have a nice growly bridge pickup tone, a big full neck pickup tone and a huge deep earth shaking tone with both pickups on. They will definitely make your bass sound better! These also fit Lakland® Joe Osborn 5 (US and Skyline versions). Includes black covers.

Pickup length: Bridge = 4.10", Neck = 3.965"

These typically sell for about $190.00 dollars +shipping/any taxes.
    Looking for $165.00 (shipped to your door). Please - no trade offers. Prefer Money Order or PayPal.

2. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA

Nice deal!

Good luck with the sale, I bet they will be gone by Lunch time.:cool:

3. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Thanks - hope so! :)

4. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Friday morning bump (& coffee). :D

5. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Price dropped to $130.00 before going off to E-Bay.

6. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    And off to the 'Bay...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.