1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Nordy vJ4 Classic (Mint) - Alder / Brazilian Rosewood !!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Modern Growl, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up for grabs is a dead mint condition Nordy vJ4 Classic #20

100% immaculate condition. Can't find a single scratch/ding on her. Flatwounds were on this bass so there is almost zero fretwear as well. This vJ4 is in such as new condition, its ridiculous.

Rare / Extinct & never to be made again!!
    You can no longer buy this spec bass as Carey does not offer Brazilian Rosewood for the Nordy line anymore... only for the NX line and its a very high dollar $$ up-charge. This is a very rare, special, and extinct bass folks!

34" Scale
    Alder / Brazilian Rosewood
    9”-14” compound radius
    NJ4 Single Coils
    Vol, Vol, Tone
    8.8 lbs
    *No case - I didn't receive a case/gig bag with this one. Worry not though, I'll pack very, very, well.

The finish on this bass is amazing and photo's do not do it justice. There is a certain pearl'esq look to it that is gorgous in person. The grain is amazing looking as well. Very rare piece here.

I have another Alder/Brazilian bass in the works - thats my ONLY reason for selling this. And honestly, even then its a bit to part with this as the tone is THAT amazing. Probably one of, if not, the best (best I ever personally played) all passive vintage style J's out there. Brazilian to boot!

$2,000.00 Shipped, fee free payment VERY FIRM PRICE
    ConUS Shipping Only due to CITES treaty.

MV41of6.

MV42of6.

MV43of6.

Brazilian Rosewood

MV45of6.

MV44of6.

MV46of6.

2. FunkBoy

FunkBoy Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Saugerties, NY
    Endorsing: Martin Keith Guitars
    Bump for a beautiful Nordy and a great guy to deal with... GLWTS!

3. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    WOW! Wish I was in a situation were I could take this off your hands! Very nice indeed! :)

4. Latinbass

Latinbass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    C'mon guys,

It is true, this is an amazing J Bass. I played this one at Matt's house and the Brazilian rosewood does make this Jazz bass very special. It is very warm sounding and has a very even tone thru out (no dead spots), excellent sustain and those notes ring for days.

Bump for a great guy and an excellent jazz bass.........

5. ^^ Thanks buddy. Its true - this is an amazing bass. And if I didn't have another Alder/Brazilian bass in the works, this would otherwise be one of those "from my cold dead hands" basses.

6. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    Are you sure it's alder? Looks like ash.

7. LutherHeggs00

LutherHeggs00

Apr 11, 2006
    Beautiful.

(We gotta work out some kind of payment plan.)

GLWTS.

8. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    Yeah does look like Ash...but if it's alder, it's got some GREAT grain!

9. Hey guys - no, its 100% alder. I know what your saying about the grain. It does look like it could be ash, but its not. Its truly just an amaziing piece of alder :)

Oh yeah, did I mention Brazilian Rosewood fretboard?? :D

10. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    oh god it hurts. Gorgeous and simple. Wowee wow my pocket cant afford to look at it any longer

11. LutherHeggs00

LutherHeggs00

Apr 11, 2006
    How much does a divorce cost again?

12. Photo requested of the back:

vj41of1.

13. All packed and boxed up on 8/25 - ready to go.

Stil up for grabs.

14. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    ah, just like I want, my Roscoe really needs to sell dang it!

15. Snoopygore71

Snoopygore71

Sep 24, 2007
    Melbourne
    MG - just out of interest, just how does CITES prevent the transport of this bass internationally?

If the wood has been consumed through process already, would not a simple sale not be seen as manufacturing. If the goods are already harvested and processed, even reprocessing has no impact as the wood has been consumed.

Sorry to derail your thread, it is of genuine interest as I would easily buy this despite the CITES ban. This also leads to the question how is this enforced?

Cheers

Steve

16. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Tell that to the customs officer. :)

Here it is:

On some species, the restriction is even greater, and includes even finished products made of or including a protected wood: one of the most common instances of this is with guitars made of Brazilian Rosewood. In these instances, it is illegal to take such items across international borders without a proper export permit.
    If you believe that the wood or finished wood product was harvested/made before the date of the CITES listing, you still cannot legally travel with or export the wood unless you have written proof or other evidence that it was obtained before the listing date. If you have the required evidence, and are willing to pay a processing fee and wait 2-3 months for processing, then you may be eligible for a Pre-Convention Certificate.

http://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/restricted-and-endangered-wood-species/

I am not an expert, just Googled this, but the subject really interests me because I am Brazilian, and I had a Nordy with a Brazilian Rosewood board.

17. Snoopygore71

Snoopygore71

Sep 24, 2007
    Melbourne
    Awesome, sorry I should state I will not ship against CITES, but thank you for the information.

I can see why the ban applies even to finished products.

Lovely bass :bassist:

18. LutherHeggs00

LutherHeggs00

Apr 11, 2006
    If this thing makes it to the end of September, I may be caving...

19. still up for grabs

20. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.