1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Nordy VJ5, sunburst, Brazilian

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gruuv, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Greetings all. . . I just got this last week. Amazing bass, I bought it with gusto, not taking into consideration the (albeit, seemingly small) difference in scale length. The short version is that I just can't handle anything over 34 in anymore.

So, this is an alder body, dark, rich Brazilian rosewood board, Nordstand single coils, and a nice Protec semi hard (think Sadowsky) case. Looking for $1900 plus shipping - no trades at the moment, looking for sale only.

I can take some better pictures if necessary. Here is a link to my thoughts on this bass:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6297077&postcount=475

nordy.

nordy2.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    It's sad to see all of these Nordy's up for sale these days. I love my vJ5 and I'm sure this is a killer bass as well. Good luck with the sale!

3. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Beautiful bass - sorry it didn't work out for you... I actually had to trade off my beloved oil finished zebrawood Spector Rebop 5 due to the same problem (35" scale).

However, I went to the Nordy site & found this:

"All basses come standard with a satin urethane finish, Hipshot Ultralight tuning machines and Style B bridge, abalone or pearl logo, and DR Sunbeam strings. Scale lengths can be 33", 33.5", 34", 34.5", or 35" at your preference, but 34" is standard for four strings and 34.5" is standard for five and six strings. Please see the price list for other options."

So as nice a bass as it is, you can hopefully recoup (at least most) of your money & order another one!

Good luck with the sale! :)

4. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Way ahead of you! :D Actually, I was discussing that with Stew the other day... there will be a 34 in scale Nordy in my future!

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Bump

6. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

PM'd you...

7. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    As occasionally happens, something just popped up for sale that I absolutely must have... :rolleyes: ... so the price just got flexible. Offers?

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    WOW,

awesome lookin' nordy. finally got to play one, and they truly are the real deal. now, if only someone would buy my skb3006!

9. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Somebody buy that man's Roscoe!

. . .

And price drop - $1900, plus shipping.

10. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Got one interested, but in case that falls through, just a thought to sweeten the deal . . . $2000 plus shipping includes a brand new Sadowsky pre with VTC (still in factory packaging, unopened) - or $1900 without...

11. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Bump, I have other pictures I can e-mail as well (full body front/back)

12. Brennan

Brennan Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Oakland!
    That bass is just sick.

13. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Thanks, it's got beastly tone too!

14. speyer

speyer Supporting Member

This thread is PURE GAS. Somebody buy this bass before I sell something

OMG.

15. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Gruuv, is it passive or does it have an internal preamp? If it has a pre, which is it, do you know?

16. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Hi Tom, it's all passive. Truthfully, this bass is alive enough sounding I never thought it needed a pre. But I've been debating sending it back to Carey to have one installed, because I know that's the more popular choice.

17. Tom7

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Popular, yes, but I'm thinking about a compliment to my ash / maple / Audere pre Nordy, and the alder / rosewood / passive would fit that bill.

So the controls, vol vol tone? Or Vol blend tone?

18. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Vol, vol, tone - like a traditional J!

19. Tom7

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Rats, that was the right answer. I can just imagine this bass with Thomastik Infeld flats doing some old school 70s groove with the honesty of a kindergartner.

I suppose taking this off your hands will only fit in my bass family quite well, but contribute to the delinquency of a G.A.S. aholic, and that you'll just go and get yourself something like an Fbass BN6.

Let me think about it and talk with my wife.

Rats. :)

20. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    :D

Talk away, I will be here. Thanks, Tom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.