1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/Now FT too: Fender 400 PS all tube monster head!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by thedude77md, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am re-listing this as TB won't allow me to alter the title to show that it is now for trade as well... see bait below!

This amp is a beast! There are three independent 4 ohm outs with each putting out 145 watts for a whopping total of 435 all tube watts! In other words, blow away the walls with three 4 ohm cabs (8x10's anyone?). Weighs about the same as an SVT.

See this great site for more info:

http://www.timeelect.com/400-PS-IDX.htm

I bought this a few months ago for a steal. I'm offering it for what I have invested into it. I wish I could keep it but GAS just hit and I bought a bass I really can't afford.

I got it for a steal b/c the person I bought it from was less than honest and there are a couple issues that were not disclosed to me: Vibrato and bright switch do not work on normal channel. The deep switch on the bass channel does not function- I believe that channel is stuck in "deep" mode rather than normal as it is incredibly boomy (these amps already have a rep for that on the bass channel so most folks use the normal channel). It sounds KILLER in through the normal channel. If you plan on using this for bass (I assume so, this is TB), you are fine and will have a monster head without repairing those couple things (I doubt any of us would use the vibrato). That said, the price does reflect those couple defective functions.

The amp is in great cosmetic condition considering it's age. As far as I know, it is all original apart from the top grill vents which the guy I bought it from made. The tubes are five Tung Sols 6550' s and one GE 6550 (the seller I bought from said he thought the Tung Sols were originals). All outputs work as they should. The tubes are stable and there is no problem with too much power melting the tubes as can be found if you put cheapie tubes in these suckers (see the site I linked to).

DROPPED TO $600 OBO depending how far I gotta drive to meet. See below for possible trades Paypal or cash in hand only!

Amp can be picked up in Bel Air, MD zip 21014 or I am willing to meet for hand-off anywhere off the I-95 corridor between DC and Philly, possibly a little further.

I will consider shipping at this point for the right deal if the buyer pays actual shipping costs. It was shipped to me in a custom built wood crate that the original seller built and I will use that. Rock solid crate and amp is harnessed into place with industrial tie down straps.

I will entertain trades at this point (possibly trade plus cash on your end). Here is some bait:

- Schroeder 1215 or 1515 cabinet
    - Sterling by MM 4 strings
    - G&L 4 strings
    - Lakland Skylines
    - EHX Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, POG2, or new version Bass Micro Synth
    - Orange cabinets

I'm not interested in much else but throw any other offers my way, worst I can do is say no. Definitely no amps, different cabinets than those listed, or basses with more than 4 strings, or fretless, please.

Untitled.

back.

caps.

chassis.

top.

tranny.

tubes.

wiring.

2. erik281

erik281

Oct 27, 2008
    TX
    I am tempted to drive halfway across the US to get this.
    I would really like this, a lot.

3. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    I agree.

4. I will entertain shipping at this point- amp will be crated in a custom built wood crate. Shipping will be around $100 within CONUS. Asking $600 plus actual shipping

5. On hold pending payment.

6. SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.