1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Only: 07 Lakland Black Sparkle Daryl Jones 5 String w/HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ustabawannab, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    SOLD!

I have a 9.9 condition Lakland Skyline Black Sparkle Darryl Jones 5. It's a 35" scale and weighs 9 pounds 6 ounces on my very accurate shipping scale.

Sold on eBay for $1150 shipped with case

Click these photobucket pictures, they will open a new window. Click the picture again in the new window and they will get very big.

th_Front-Close-DJ5. th_Front-DJ5. th_Back-of-DJ5. th_Case. th_DJ5-Body. th_Headstock-Front. th_Headstock-back. th_Neck-Joint. th_Neck-body.

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    BUMP again!!!

as I said in the last post, DJ5s are a sweet thing in both sound and looks!!!!

The blocks are absolutely killer and this finsh has to be seen to believed! there is a sparkle to these basses that no camera can catch!!!

3. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
    Caught it here with my DJ. Justy helpin' a brotha out!
    [​IMG]

4. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs

Markus...nice catch....all of you see what I mean???? sweet!!!

5. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Thanks! Yes...when the light hits it, it's stunning!

6. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Aero pickups

...its got 'em

7. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    YOU GOTTA STOP tempting me!!! I could e up there and back in 3 hours or so....man!!! wish I had the "free cash" right now....not that I "need" 2 DJ5s, but they DO have different pickups and are different colors......oh man! how we "justify" things to ourselves....

Bump for enough rambling on my part!!! Or else I may just talk myself into it!!

8. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Buy it Doug!!! He he he!!!

9. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    I've had several requests for international quotes. Here's the specs and an example.

The package is 51 x 19 x 7 and 28 pounds. UPS considers this Oversize 1 but is under the 130 inch length/girth limit for most countries.

USPS Priority mail with $500 maximum insurance to Germany is less than $120. UPS Expedited (cheapest) including brokerage fees, full coverage insurance and a $98(!) fuel charge is a few bucks shy of $400. No prices include a VAT and/or duties which is your responsibility. Contact your local customs for information.

If you think you can get it cheaper, send me a prepaid shipping label and I'll be happy to take it to your designated shipper for you. All international shipping is the buyers risk. I will not refund any money not covered by the shipper if the package is damaged or lost.

10. etaym

etaym Gold Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Newton, MA
    Wow... I wish i could afford this!!

11. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.

I'll make in worth your while ;) nudge nudge, say no more.

12. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Gotta help me sell Tabby first.....

13. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Times being what they are, I know money's tight. If someone is out there really coveting this DJ5 but just can't swing the full $1100, let me know. We may be able to come up with creative ways to do this.

I could do things like hold it for a month or so for a non-refundable deposit of $200. I was also thinking of picking up an inexpensive but sound MIM or Hwy 1 Fender Jazz Bass 4 as a backup. Maybe a partial, no-case, trade can be worked out.

Run your ideas by me.

14. dinodino

dinodino

Mar 9, 2008
    doubt you would want it but if you are interested in a new Squier VM Jazz + Cash PM Me

15. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Actually not a bad option but I was looking for rosewood neck.

That's why I like the good old black MIM Jazz Bass. A good used one and around 750 bucks could score my DJ5 plus shipping.

I also have a tentative offer for a nice HWY 1 brewing but nothing concrete.

16. grumpyjfc

grumpyjfc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Mount Pleasant SC
    Hey man, where'd you get that spiffy pickguard? That makes this the coolest DJ I've seen. Now I REALLY want one!!

17. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Thanks! I got it here: http://home.comcast.net/~pickguards/home.htm Site need some serious help, but the product is great!

18. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Even nice with the white guard

DJ5-Body-1.

19. grumpyjfc

grumpyjfc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Mount Pleasant SC
    I don't do well with 35" scale. I want one like Markus has; 4 string, black sparkle, maple neck. "Thats Hot!":hyper:

20. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Good news....PRICE DROP ... $1050 shipped including hard shell case for TB members

Bad news ....It's on eBay now for $100 more but with an OBO

Don't let it get away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.