1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Only: 2 - Schroeder 1212BMF Cabs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bucephylus, May 11, 2011.

1. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    For Sale ONLY (sorry downsizing the gear shed)
    2 – Schroeder 1212BMF 4 ohm cabs, WITH padded LeCover covers.

Cabs are located in Phoenix area.

Super portable and loud. 38 pounds of pure muscle. Probably the most balanced Schroeder cab I have worked with. 9.5/10 Condition (I would say 10/10, but there probably are a couple of scuffs).

One note: the two cabs have slightly different handle placement. One is in the middle of the sides, the other more towards the top. Just the way they were built. Result is that the covers fit one perfectly, the other works perfectly well, but if you look at it real hard, it is off center. More cosmetic than functional issue, but just want to be up front.

$575 shipped (per cab), CONUS ONLY. Money order or paypal eCheck. Canada could be negotiable, but shipping would need to be different. Sorry Euro friends, but no international; been stung by the int’l shipping too many times.

Get on the neo train before it leaves the station!

Specs/pics:
    Schroeder "Superior Sound" Cabinets

Attached Files:

2. bucephylus

Aug 18, 2002
    Schro's FTW

3. gscroggin

gscroggin Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2006
    CT
    How do these handle a low B in your opinion? Ever since I got a Mini 12, I've been in love with Schrod cabs and their sound. The one thing I'm not a fan of though is my B string (on multiple basses/amps) sounds kind of squashed. Fine for practices and what not, but for a larger rig (which I'm currently looking to replace) I want a nice clear B, which I've typically only gotten from a 15 in the past.

Thoughts?

4. bucephylus

Aug 18, 2002
    I play 5's through these regularly. To some extent, the result depends on the instrument. These boxes tend to be tight towards a bit attenuated on the very low end (one reason they can be so powerful at their weight). So, for instruments that yin yang well with that curve, they are great. For example, I have an early Tobias Signature 5 in mostly walnut that has a VERY dark tone, almost in the Warwick direction. These cabs just sing with the lower register with that bass. They can get a tad woofy with the low B on the J5 type instruments, mainly because those have a bit less focus in the lower end; and in that case, the result depends a bit on the pup settings - dialed to the bridge pup all is good; heavy on the neck pup, it gets a little loose. But, then you also have to keep in mind you are playing through a 38 pound cab. It will do outdoor, unsupported rock gigs with great clarity.

Hope that helps.

5. gscroggin

gscroggin Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2006
    CT
    Cool, I'm actually most concerned about the low B on my Warwick Thumb 6, so thanks for the reference!

6. bucephylus

Aug 18, 2002
    boom chaka laka laka boom chaka laka laka

7. bucephylus

Aug 18, 2002
    These are Sold pending payment.

8. bucephylus