1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS only: 70s Mayfair Beatle bass copy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RonSound, Aug 12, 2012.

1. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    I have to move this to pay for a new purchase. It's a 70s Japanese copy of a Hofner Beatle bass, one of the better looking copies. The bass itself is in very good condition with nearly all wear being limited to the headstock edges. There are a couple of dents: one in the side of the bridge pickup and one in the casing of the D tuner. The electronics have been cleaned and work fine with no scratchiness. The output jack has been replaced with a new Neutrik jack for a better and tighter connection. The bridge was missing the E string saddle on the bridge so I made one from a fret. You can buy a new set of saddles for $15 from the Vox parts place. The body is hollow, not solid so it's very light. Currently strung with flats, I have the action set fairly low and it plays fine up to about the 14th fret. A fret job might be in order if you want to play it live.

[DEL]$225[/DEL] shipped to your door in the CONUS. SOLD

mayfair01.

mayfair06.

mayfair02.

mayfair05.

mayfair03.

mayfair04.

mayfair07.

mayfair08.

mayfair09.

mayfair10.

2. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    bumpski

3. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    bumpsssssssssssssssss

4. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    boooomps

5. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    Sold locally