1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS ONLY: Alleva-Coppolo LG5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by YCBass, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    SOLD

- Completed in 2012
    - Alder body in Black Poly Finish
    - Maple neck, upgraded Rosewood (Jimmywood) fingerboard w/ Pearl blocks and White binding, matching headstock
    - 34" scale
    - Hipshot hardware
    - Standard 19mm string spacing at bridge
    - 2 pickguards, black and white
    - Alleva-Coppolo single coil pickups and 2-band preamp
    - Approx. 9.5 lbs
    - No case or bag, but it will be packed like a baby for safe transport or we can make arrangements where I purchase one locally at your cost

Conditions, disclosures and details:

Tone: This is my favorite A-C out of probably 100 basses I've played at the shop. The tone is a true LG but with maybe a bit more snap - maybe due to the brass Hipshot bridge and/or fingerboard. I really dig it because you get a nice slap tone while fingerstyle has a bit more detail and bite, but the old school tone is still all there - just roll back on the tone control. Other than the finish; this is a home run bass, a tone machine workhorse. I am just being more practical since music has taken a 3rd row seat to family and work. I just don't need anything of this caliber ($$$) to do what I do - which is mostly jamming around in my garage.

Finish: This is one of the first basses Jimmy painted himself so it's not glass smooth and has some dots from air bubbles here and there. The great thing is, and I think it helps the tone, that Jimmy sprayed the Poly so thin that the paint already started to shrink back into the wood grain in the past year - similar to what Nitro might do. You can see the wood grain if you look at it from an angle... From 2-3 feet away though, the finish looks fine. Everything I just described is very hard to photograph - the new photos look worse than it really is. The neck finish is satin, sanded silky smooth and comfy.

Notes: The bass currently has a D-tuner on the B and also a Gruv Gear Fret Wrap, but these are NOT included. Also, the nut has been replaced by Jimmy with a bone-type material, cream/ivory in color - the black one pictured is no more.

$4200 SHIPPED IN CONUS. Alaska, Hawai'i, Puerto Rico & CANADA for additional shipping. Paypal e-Check, Postal Money Order or Bank Wire Transfer. No other International, for now.

PM with questions, if any.

Thanks in advance.

Better pics here: http://s322.photobucket.com/user/Bassyc/slideshow/For Sale/LG5
    image_zps2f9a15b3.
    image_zps66507f4f.

2. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Two LG5's in the classifieds at once! Crazy stuff.

3. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Bump for a nice bass, and a great guy...

I'm sure it took a lot to decide to give it up as I know how much you love it.

GLWTS my friend! :)

4. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Thanks Mitch, I appreciate the kind words... Yes, this is the best instrument I've owned but I'm ok moving it to be practical.

See you at NAMM!

5. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    More PMs replied... Bump!

6. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Pics added...

7. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Many nibbles but no bites bump!

Save the 2 year wait and some $.

8. arszon

arszon Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Texas
    My offer stands

9. Bump for a great friend, Tber and bass player. I have played this one and you wont believe that you'll get both sound world of coppolo here LM and LG another amazing work of Jimmy!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.