1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS only: Amber Stain Spector NS2000/4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scootbass1, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootbass1

Scootbass1 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Okay thread reopened because I need to move this bass to recoup some of the money I just spent for yet another S.A.S. acquisition. Anyway, this one is a sustain monster, but it does weigh in at ten pounds. It is all original and the neck is super nice and stable with none of the splitting I have seen on the Quilt top version. It is all maple and has some flame in the neck. Asking $300.00 firm with gig bag shipped CONUS only. Paypal only. Pm if you want her, you will not be disappointed with this one.

IMG_20120810_233055.

IMG_20120810_233157.

IMG_20120810_233106.

IMG_20120810_233208.

IMG_20120810_233309.

IMG_20120810_233604.

Please ignore the messy enviroment in the pictures. They were taken in the recently evacuated masturbatorium of my eldest son. :D
    Also, please excuse the cell phone pictures, I can't find our digital camera. My wife has rearranged things yet again.

2. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I have spoken to Mike a bit and he is an outstanding person. Don't hesitate to do business with him and this is a great bass. A Spector neck thru for under $400 is a steal

3. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Thank you Donny. If you find yourself wanting to sell that black CRFM you recently bought let me know asap.
    Peace bro,
    Mike

4. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Price drop now $350.00 shipped CONUS.

I've also got to get my son to come and clean up his former living space. :D

5. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Now accepting cash best offers. No ridiculous low ball offers please. If I didn't need the money this one would be staying with me.
    Peace,
    Mike B.

6. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I just bought a bass.... Must resist

7. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Donny, resisting the Spector is futile. I know since I just succumbed to the powerful attraction of the Dougie kind.:D:D:D

By the way, sweet score on the Black CRFM. I missed it by 20 minutes dang it!

Peace,
    Mike

8. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Oh heck! Here I go again. G.A.S. has struck again. Found another bass I just gots to have. So this one is on the chopping block again. This bass is a great way to get into the Spector realm. Nigel Tufnel would be proud to own this bass for its massive sustain. :D
    I have to be firm on the asking price, my strain of G.A.S. aint cheap.
    Cheers,
    Mike

9. pm sent

10. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    All PM's replied to.

11. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    TTT. Still available for purchase.

12. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    [DEL]Taking this one to luthier to get her teeth pulled. Going fretless with this one. Closing thread.[/DEL]
    Scratch that, I just couldn't bring myself to defret this fine bass.
    Posting reopened. I went and spent some money I really shouldn't have, so I am forced to sell this bass.

13. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Thread reopened bump.

14. NiteFury

NiteFury Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    300, Your giving this one away. Someone is missing out on this one. They are better than the legends that sell for more than this. The harmonics on these are incredible. Someone is missing out on a steal, paid 550 for mine earlier this year.

15. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Thank you for the bump bro. I see it more of pricing it to allow anyone to enjoy the Spector experience. I remember when these were selling new in a local shop here back in 1999. They were flying out the door while the newly released Euro neck throughs were collecting dust on the racks and hangers. I heard from the owner of the store that they were discontinued because they were selling and the Euro's were hardly moving. There may be some truth in that, I have seen many of these NS2000/4 basses show up in our local classifieds papers and Craiglist as well. These are amazing value for the money, but due to the solid maple build they are weighty. Never bothered me though. :D

16. cjlembo

cjlembo Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dallas
    Pm sent

17. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    On hold pending payment.

18. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    And this bird has flown. Sold to a TB member in Maryland. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.