1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Only: Ampeg SVT-3 Pro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by f.c.geil, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Ampeg-SVT-3PRO-500x500.

One of the great amps. This one has five tubes, 4, 12AX7WA and 1, 12AU7WA for a ton of Ampeg-y goodness, loads of warmth and tone, with just the right amount of breakup.

It’s all about tone. The SVT-3PRO’s Frequency control allows you to select the center frequency for the Midrange control, giving you a choice of five distinct "voices" for the Midrange. The center frequencies are 220Hz, 450Hz, 800Hz, 1.6kHz and 3kHz. And if that’s not enough, you can use the 9-Band Graphic EQ to custom tailor your sound even more. Or use the EQ to set up a footswitchable "second channel" for your show-stopping bass solo.

The SVT-3PRO is designed for the player who wants SVT tone and performance (with a few modern enhancements) in a convenient rackmount design. Robert Trujillo (Metallica) and Les Claypool (Primus) are just a couple of the world-class artists that depend on the SVT-3PRO to get the job done, day in and day out.

Specifications:

RMS Power Output (8 Ohms): 275-Watts
    RMS Power Output (4 Ohms): 450-Watts
    Preamp: Tubes (3 x 12AX7)
    Driver Tubes: 1 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7
    Power Amp: Solid-State
    Tone Controls: 3-Band
    Mid Tone Control: 5-Position
    Graphic EQ: Yes, 9-Band
    Ultra Low/High Boosts: Yes
    Balanced Line Out: Yes, Pre/Post with Ground Lift and Level
    Effects Loop: Yes
    Preamp Out/Power Amp In: Yes
    Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 19 x 3.5 x 15.5
    Weight: 26 Pounds

The Ampeg SVT-3PRO is Ampeg's most popular amp. This powerful, expressive head features multiple preamp tubes (3 x 12AX7), a 450-watt MOSFET power amp, and Ampeg's sweet 5-position mid frequency selection for the killer bass sound that you've always wanted. The SVT-3PRO features professional, locking, high-conductivity Neutrik SpeakOn speaker connectors, a Mute button and a Tuner Out jack. If you've looked for the right amp to match your pro rig, this is the one. Ampeg SVT-3PRO Features Input Pad & Bright Switch Mute Function Tuner Out Variable Line Out Level Time Delayed Turn-On DC Supplied Filaments Variable Fan Speed The sound is in your head. You've played countless instruments in search of the ultimate soul mate. Now you need an amp that will speak your sound to the audience. That's where the Pro Series heads live. All Pro Series heads feature multi-tube preamps (not a single 12AX7 like many competitors), five position mid frequency selection, and Neutrik Speak-On connectors that lock and provide better conductivity. A Mute button lets you change instruments in the middle of a set without the annoying pop, and a Tuner Out jack that stays active even with Mute button on. Pro Series heads are built for the long haul. The units remain cool with variable speed fans that only turn as the temperature dictates. DC supplied filaments ensure noise-free tube performance. And the 1/8 foot thick extruded aluminum front panels not only allow safe racking, the contoured fronts have an awesome look. Your creative mind now has the palette to deliver the goods.

$420 + actual shipping

2. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Bump for some Ampeg love.

3. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Back to the top.

4. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Wow. I'm quite surprised that there's no love around for this amp.

5. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I love these amps, but I already have one. :p

Good luck with the sale!

6. rickdog

rickdog Gold Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Same here. Fell in love the first time I plugged into one, bought mine almost ten years ago, it's a keeper!

Turn up the GAIN knob until the PEAK light (PEAK is an abbreviation for "Ampeg Goodness") comes on a lot. Classic thick, warm tube tone at any volume level. Send this to the house PA with the built-in DI, or use the head as a preamp in the studio (solid state output stage means you don't need to connect a speaker).

7. The Hawk

The Hawk

Oct 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Wish I had 420...

8. A few questions if you don't mind. What year is it and how long has it been since the tubes have been switched out? Would you have some pics of it by chance? Thanks

9. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    I don't mind questions at all...

I don't remember the year off the top of my head, but it's mid-2000s. I have some pictures around, I'll post them tomorrow when I have more time (headed to work now). The tubes were changed out last month.

10. blanconino

blanconino

Jan 6, 2012
    if only i saw this 2 days ago =/. I was just in the market for this amp but another TB thread convinced me to invest in a better cab before a new head haha. Still an awesome amp tho!

11. Ship to zip 69000-499 ? i`m ready to buy. ThanX. PM please.

12. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Sorry, no intercontinental shipping unless you have a lot of positive feedback.

13. well man anyway thanx, but how can i get positive feedbacks if everyone says like you((( and by the way MANFLOOZY (nickname here ) 4 days ago come from him ampeg bass head to me all ok, i gave him feedback and he didn`t yet may be off line ......and COUNTBASS (another man) by the way he is my friend from Rhode Island....well anyway man thanx for answering hope work in future with you when i`ve got a lot of feedbacks. And by the way ampeg 3 pro very nice bass head hope it goes to a good hands!!!!

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/itrader_detail.php?ir=91323&u=151056 feedback.....

14. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    As promised, here are a couple of pictures...

SVT-3Pro_Front.

SVT-3Pro_Back.

SVT-3Pro_top.

As you can see, this is a very lightly used head.

15. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Bumping from the hospital.

16. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Bump for an outstanding head.

17. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Sold.