1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS only: Charvel 1B in Canada

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BillyRay, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    PRICE DROP 200$ SHIPPED IN CANADA.

For your consideration a MIJ Charvel IB in the ubiquitous black finish. I picked up this bass from a girl who was selling her ex stuff and I used it for a few rehearsals and home practice, no gigging, altough it has been gigged heavily in its former life I'm sure. No major chips, but plenty of dings and scratches. The bass really shines for hard rock and it has plenty of sustain and growl. Through a 800rb and a 215 it's basically plug, play and grin.

Currently strung with new d'Addario Strings as of October 22nd and the action is low without buzz after tweaking the truss rod and saddles. There's not much room left for adjustments, but I have heavy gauge on right now and minimal relief, so with medium gauge, it would be absolutely fine.

Getting rid of it because I bought an ATK500 which I enjoy more, but it's also more than double the price with all the upgrades.

Paypal OK. US OK, but US will be more and buyer must pay the difference + any customs/brokerage fees: I'll calculate shipping to Toronto and you pay the balance to US. I won't fudge the cost for the customs. Will be shipped in the ugliest hardshell case known to man or without the case with the neck off if you want, to reduce shipping costs. Nut width is 1.5" and the weight is about 9lbs on my bathroom scale (which is not that accurate, feels medium weight to me and the tuners are light, so it balances fine).

29c3sdd.

ej6s2.

2w4mu6f.

fdds92.

I tried to capture the biggest ding. There's another one near the input jack, approximately the same size. I couldn't get the scratches to show up.

2. BillyRay

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Changed strings today and the bass came alive again ! Got some nibbles and lowball offers, price is firm, especially since it is shipped with brand new strings on it. Got it to low action too.

Going to bump this a few more times and then leave it be for searches.

3. BillyRay

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    BUMP.

4. BillyRay

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Last bump, leaving this for searches if it doesn't sell.

5. Badty

Badty

Oct 24, 2013
    Hey billyray have you sold it yet?

6. BillyRay

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    On hold pending payment.

7. BillyRay

Jan 20, 2008