1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS only: Delano SBC 4 HE/S Soapbar pickup neck position $80.00 shipped !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by jibreel, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    SOLD !!

Delano SBC 4 HE/S Soapbar pickup. Neck position. Essentially new.This was $ 140.00 new shipped.
    Asking $ 80.00 shipped CONUS. This is almost HALF PRICE :hyper:

DSC00484.

DSC00483.

2. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    Free bump for a great seller. These are really great pickups. I've got the 5-string version, and it sounds really nice in the typical neck position; but it's even better in the "sweet spot" position!

They have lots of detail and midrange warmth. Kind of like a Bartolini "classic bass" humbucker, but with more clarity.

3. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    Hi - I'm looking for a blade pickup for a narrow-spaced five-string. Do you know whether or not this pickup uses blades, or individual poles for each string? Also, will it work passively?

(I visited the Delano site, but it's heavily weighted towards flowery prose, and very light on technical details...)

4. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    As far as I know, all of Delano's "HE" pickups use blades, not polepieces. This includes the SBC pickups.

SBC pickups work great in an all-passive configuration. The output level is comparable to Bartolini "classic bass" pickups, so it's about average for a passive pickup: not too quiet, not too hot.

This particular model is about the same width (88mm) as an EMG 35 pickup, and there's a bit of a gap on the outer edges for the mounting holes. I don't think it would fit on a narrow-spaced 5-string bass, unless you had really tight spacing (60mm across). The 5-string SBC pickups would be a better fit.

5. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    I was able to get it to work on my Carvin AC50 bass.

6. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    Right on. Just for purposes of discussion, my main fiver measures 62mm from the E string to the C string (yeah, it's tuned E A D G C), and it's incredibly comfortable for my smallish hands. How's that sound?

7. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.