1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS ONLY - EXCELLENT MUSIC MAN SR5 HH IN GORGEOUS NATURAL FINISH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tommixx, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRADED

I will likely regret this but I prefer a single H SR 5 and just got a Black/Maple in a Single H configuration. This one is flawless and is in pretty much like new condition. I can not find a single blemish on it any where. It has some swirling on the Pick guard as would be expected on a black guard but otherwise I think she is perfect. The fit and finish is typically MM and is absolutely perfect. The Wood grain is awesome as should be visible in the pics. I have her strung with Sadowsky Blue Nickels and the setup is awesome. It has that sweet Ray tone for days and it is the bass that the rest of my band loves me to play. The guitar player told me this past weekend to leave the rest of my basses at home and just bring this one from now on. The weight is good at 9.7 lbs on a UPS scale and it sits perfectly on my shoulder and in a mix. The pre is good and I usually play it pretty much flat most of the time. There are NO issues at all with the bass and it will come shipped in the original Music Man case. The case has been used and has some scuffing and light wear but is perfectly functional and well built.

Some Pics:

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

I would ONLY trade her for the right 20th Anniversary SR5. I am looking for preferably a single H model with Quilted Top and Maple Board. The headstock does not have to be matching. I need the weight to be UNDER 10 lbs for sure and anything under 9.5 lbs would get my attention in a hurry!!

She is beautiful! I will ship insured in the OEM case to the lower 48 for $1100. She originally sold a few months ago for about $1900! I will also ship international but the buyer would have to pay all fees. Thanks for looking and God Bless!

Peace,

T

2. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Do you know if this bass comes with the ceramic or the alnico pickups? In the bridge position, can you get the parallel sound, or are you stuck with serial as was the case with the ceramics? For some reason I care about this stuff....

3. Alnico I am sure...Bridge position (furthest forward) is coil 3 and 4 in Parallel...I got that by looking here:

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-basses/41587-what-stingray-5-pick-up-selection.html

Someone correct me if I am wrong. Serial number is E7183_ that would indicate a born on date of around January or February 09 or so. Alnico was reinstated in late 2008 5 I believe. I am digging a bit deeper to be certain but I am 99.99% sure this is correct! Thanks for the interest...

Peace,

T

4. I have verified the above post is correct. Alnico PUPS and I confirmed the Bridge position is parallel...

Peace,

T

5. Got a couple of interesting offers but she is still available for the moment! PMs returned...

Peace,

T

6. TTT

Peace,

T

7. I have had some interesting offers! YES I will ship this bass internationally! But the buyer will pay ALL FEES and actual shipping to their country.

THE ONLY TRADE I AM INTERESTED IN IS A 20TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC MAN SR5 PREFERABLY WITH A QUILT OR FLAME TOP WITH A MAPLE BOARD AND SINGLE H CONFIGURATION. SINGLE H IS DEFINITELY A REQUIREMENT! DO NOT CARE IF THE HEADSTOCK IS MATCHING OR NOT...

The weight is crucial to me and I can not handle anything over about 9.5 lbs or so. If you have one and have an interest in this bass drop me a PM and we can discuss it. I have an ongoing dialog with someone on a 20th Trade going now but nothing is final yet....Thanks for looking and God Bless!

Peace,

T

8. I am putting this on hold until I can work through some things on a possible trade for a 20th Anniversary SR5. Thanks for looking...

Peace,

T

9. OK the trade for that 20th did not work out so this one is back up for sale again. I would ONLY trade her for the right 20th Anniversary SR5. I am looking for preferably a single H model with Quilted Top and Maple Board. The headstock does not have to be matching. I need the weight to be UNDER 10 lbs for sure and anything under 9.5 lbs would get my attention in a hurry!! Thanks for looking!

Peace,

T

10. PM returned...

Peace,

T

11. PM returned...

Regarding international shipping....If you would like to have a shipping quote do not forget to include your shipping address and I would be happy to get a quote for you. All international transactions would require funds to clear prior to shipping...Thanks for your interest!

Peace,

T

12. Thanks for all the trade offers guys but I am ONLY looking for a Music Man 20th Anniversary SR 5 as outlined in my ad above...

Peace,

T

13. Confirmed the born on date on this bass is 7/16/09 so it definitely has Alnico PUPS...

Peace,

T

14. Got a lot of interest and a possible local sale tomorrow night...better jump if you are on the fence at all!

Peace,

T

15. Back in Wilmington...PMs returned!

Peace,

T

16. Bump!

Peace,

T

17. A couple more PMs returned. I mentioned before but I WILL ship international as long as the buyer pays all shipping and fees. The United States Postal Service will ONLY insure for $600 and that is one of the reasons it is so much cheaper than the other carriers. HOWEVER, if you choose to use USPS as the carrier for shipping I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE in the event of damage or loss. Shipping is usually fine and I have only had a couple of problems. I have shipped and received hundreds of items with no problems at all. I have never had a problem with an instrument BUT that does not mean that something will not happen. I understand that the buyer wants to save as much as possible on the shipping but just BEWARE that it means that THE BUYER is assuming 100% of the risk in the event something does happen in transit. I can NOT be responsible for any damage or loss and I will NOT contribute ANY money back toward any damage or loss. I do not mind doing this at all as long as you know what you are getting into...Thanks for your interest!

Peace,

T

18. I GOT A 20TH ANNIVERSARY SR5 AND THIS ONE IS HEADED TO ARLINGTON, VA!!! THANKS DAN!

Peace,

T

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.