1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS ONLY: Fender Custom Shop Classic IV Aged Cherryburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MellyMel, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MellyMel

MellyMel Fender De-Fender

May 1, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I lost my job in July and we are having trouble making ends meet, so up for sale is my prized Fender Custom Shop.

IMG_0283.

I bought this beauty last year from another TB'er. It is gorgeous and sounds like you would expect a $4000+ (at sweetwater) Fender custom bass to sound. Also has a Fender drop-d tuner, and I will include the original, plus the case candy that came with the bass like the custom shop certificate (obviously) and whatever else was in there. Also the Black G&G case. It's a 2007 and weighs about 9 lbs.

bodyfront.

The bass has some fairly new GHS Brite Flats on it that still sound bright and punchy. The tone is similar to that of a USA Jazz Deluxe but with much more clarity and punch. The action is low without a single dead spot or buzzing spot that I've noticed...it is set up perfectly in my opinion and extremely comfortable to play. Schaller straplocks are installed on the body (the only modification that was made since purchase.) I take real good care of my instruments, so aside from the repair next to the electronics cover on the backside of the body and some wear by the E-string nut (no effect on sound or playability whatsoever) , which were both there when I bought the bass, it's in spectacular shape.

IMG_0299.

IMG_0287.

Almost forgot - there is a repair in the lower horn where someone once had a strap pin installed for lefty use, but it's barely noticeable (as you can see I just about overlooked it)

IMG_0304.

Also, here are photos of the inside of the case with the case candy and certificate.

IMG_0296.

$1900 Shipped

2. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    hate to hear news like that, my friend. Good luck with sale.

3. kdubb24

kdubb24 Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2012
    The "DMV" Maryland
    Ash or alter body?

4. Grain looks like ash .

5. MellyMel

May 1, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ash

6. MellyMel

May 1, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Make an offer ! I'd like to sell this today so that we can pay our water and electric bill so we don't get them shut off! I wouldn't do this if I didn't have 4 kids and a wife to support trust me this bass is a keeper and will only increase in value. Don't be why to make a reasonable offer people! Let's go $1700. Can't beat the price!

7. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    Nice!!!

8. artdrtr

artdrtr

Jan 24, 2008
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Bump -- Sorry about your job - I've been there. GOOD LUCK!

9. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Beauty.

10. jpeck02

jpeck02 Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Danville, CA
    Bump for a great bass folks!

11. MellyMel