1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS only: Fender FSR Jazz Bass in Natural Ash!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by R&B, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Price:
    $400+ship
    Strings:
    IMG_1256.

GAS strikes--and you get the benefit! This all-stock, hand-selected Fender jazz is a svelte 8 pounds, 7 ounces on my digital scale. Two-piece bookmatched body with center seam, or so it appears to my practiced eye. Lovely grain on the body and the rosewood fretboard. Truss rod turns freely and she sets up nicely. Action goes pretty low by my standards (the E and G saddles are slammed). Strung with newish La Bella nickels, if my notes are correct. Never gigged, kept in my smoke-free man cave. Very minor player wear. Slight swirling on the pickguard, very light surface scratches on the control plate and connector plate. Neck is smooth and frets are barely worn, if at all. On to the nitpicks: I found one shallow dent about 1/4" across, located on the front of the body. I couldn't get it to photograph and you have to really look to see it's there. The finish is not chipped. Oh, and the Special Edition sticker is starting to lift on one end. Overall, an easy 9/10 condition IMHO. I have so many basses, each one doesn't get played that much. Plus, I baby them.

These run $500 plus tax, plus setup, plus strings. You can often get 15% off, so a random one might cost you just a bit more than I'm asking. I doubt it would be two-piece and under 8.5 pounds though. :) My price of $400 plus actual FedEx shipping is fair and firm. NO TRADES. I will accept PayPal, though a local SoCal deal gets priority. If you'd like the older Fender USA hardshell case with its stencils and stickers, I'll include it for FREE!! The bass is a tight fit in there, so it would ship well I think.

PM with any questions! On to the pics (note the the serial number is partly obscured through the magic of iPhoto):

IMG_1256.
    IMG_1260.
    IMG_1257.
    IMG_1263.
    IMG_1271.
    IMG_1273.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. R&B

Sunny day in SoCal bump...nice light Fender here! Note that it already sports the TB-required tort guard, so no upgrades are required. :p

3. R&B

Bump! Natural ash two-piece body, tort guard, nice neck, great action, less than 8.5 pounds. And I'll include the Fender hard case for FREE!

4. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    R&B,got a question. How can you tell,if you have an FSR model Jazz? Here is a pic of the body,that I traded for,on the Forum. Someone,made a comment that it looked like,an FSR? Thanks. IMG_01551.

Attached Files:

5. R&B

There is an FSR line of Honeyburst P and J basses in addition to this Natural Ash (and some others). That body looks like the top is flamed or quilted. Different bridge too. Fender Select maybe? Just a guess.

6. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Ok,Thank you,didn't mean to crash,your post. I appreciate your help.GLWTS, Nice Jazz Bass.

7. R&B

Hi!

8. Hello, I'm in So Cal and am interested in your bass. You can reach me here or planetamp@yahoo.com

Thanks, Kevin

R&B likes this.
  9. R&B

Great! Please check your email. :)

10. R&B

On hold pending payment! :hyper:

And SOLD! Headed to a TBer in a lovely community of San Diego. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.