1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Only: Hamer Cruise 2Tek Fretless Jazz 4 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BuffaloBob4343, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    To further my quest of satisfying my Callowhill GAS, I am putting up for sale only (No trades please) this really fine specimen of a Hamer Cruise Jazz fretless. I know someday I'll wish I had this back. Hopefully my new Infini 5 will make that less painful when it happens!

It has the 2Tek bridge, epoxied ebony fretboard w/ inlaid maple lines. For those unfamilair with these basses, this is a US built jazz clone built circa 1997 targeting the boutique jazz clone market.

This bass is in excellent condition, with only one ding that I am currently aware of on the backish side of the upper horn and it is not through the finish and not easy at all to see. Other than some typical swirling in the black finish, this bass looks nearly new and plays wonderfully. The maple neck is nice and straight, smooth and the action can be really low if that's what you like. The fretboard shows virtually no wear.

The electronics have been modified with EMG JV (Vintage Jazz) Pups and an EMG BQC preamp system with stacked Treble/Bass and stacked mid control with sweep. It also has a master volume and a blend control.

It is currently strung with brand new Ernie Ball Slinkies. The bass comes with a NOS Hamer OHS case made specifically for Jazz Cruise basses. It is in virtually new condition. I purchased this case on Ebay for over $100 just a few months ago!

Dscf0007.

frntlg.

Dscf0017.

DSCF0033.

Dscf0060.

controlslg.

DSCF0030.

DSCF0032.

c4e6_1.

c976_1.

With the virtually new case, SOLD!. PayPal is good.;)

2. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Basslines are sold. The Cruiser is still available.:)

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I owned this exact bass when it came out in the later 90's. Man it smoked.

4. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    How is the weight on this one?

5. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    You are right, these basses do smoke, and they are beautifully contructed. I don't think you can buy a better American made Jazz clone for the money. I know at some point, I will want another one, but the music I am playing right now doesn't really call for a fretless, whereas a 5 string Callowhill Infini PJ definitley would fit the bill perfectly!:rolleyes:

You know Sin, I've never weighed her, so I will try to do that between now and tomorrow morning (bathroom scale).

She is certainly no lightweight, like my Dingwall Z2 with ash body. BUT, she balances so nicely, that I really don't notice while playing (of course I do use a nice Comfort Strap, too). I only really notice the extra heft from the 2Tek when I pick her up or set her down.

I would guess somewhere in the 10 pound range, but I'll weigh it when I get home later tonight or first thing in the morning.

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I will add I haven't played ANY jazz bass or jazz bass clone that was on par with quality that they put into at the USA custom shop for Hamer. It really was a small group of people that worked on these.

This is a custom shop Fender Jazz killer and I am kicking myself right now for not having the cash to buy it.

7. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    ME TOO!

8. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

Bump for a great deal on an excellent manufacturer.
    Everyone should own a USA Hamer at one point or another.

9. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Hey thanks for the bumps and words about these fine basses.

Actually, if it doesn't sell soon, I may just figure out a way to keep it AND get the Calloway underway. These don't come up that often and especially in this condition.:cool:

10. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    love the matching headstock! keep the bass! i have four fretted versions of this and they are still my favorite jazzes even after playing some of the boutique stuff.

JR

11. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    That is one hot bass! Wish I had the money, bump for hot bass.

12. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    SOLD.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.