1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS only: Indonesian Peavey Cirrus BXP 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stix_clgi, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stix_clgi

stix_clgi Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Hey yall!!

I'm trying to raise some cash to fund a GAS attack...so help me out here. I have an Indonesian made Peavey Cirrus BXP that I'm putting up for sale price: $300 obo

Here's the for sale link from the previous owner:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/first-run-peavey-cirrus-bpx-5-darkwood-820352/

I'm sure everyone knows what this is, but it's pretty much the same as the USA made Peavey Cirrus', except that it's not USA made. The later BXP models had lesser quality black hardware and were bolt-on models. This is one of the first BXP models released in '00 or '01, it has the gold hardware and is a neck through instrument! It has the same pickups and preamp as the USA Cirrus models: great modern tone, especially when soloing the bridge pup!

I believe its a mahogony body with maple neck, rosewood fingerbord. I'd say it's in about 7.5/10 condition: two of the knobs are missing, Peavey has them, I just never got around to ordering them. There also seems to be slight discoloration on the top bout, probably from the satin finish rubbing through after years of being played. I got the bass here on TB a couple of months ago, and I love it....I'm just trying to get a USA Cirrus 6!

Right now this bass has a problem with the stereo jack, which should be fixed this week. I took the bass to a guitar tech to check out a different problem with the mid pot and I think he wired the stereo jack wrong, then tried to say he couldn't figure out the problem! I have everything I need to resolder the jack except the wiring diagram from Peavey, once I have that everything will be as good as new.

****UPDATE****
    Well it turns out the "tech" crossed the wires and soldered them on the wrong contacts. Just got finished correcting the problem, bass functions perfectly, full output, no hum, no static, just nice, aggressive, modern tone!!

Let me know if you have any questions...pics will be in the next post!

2. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Pics for ya!

3. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    TTT

4. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    bumpo

5. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Ttt

6. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    TTT. Make me an offer.

7. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Bump it up!

8. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Bump for a great bass.....get a nice quality Indonesian Cirrus for cheap!

9. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Sold on evilbay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.