1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS only:LEFTY Manne Trea & Manne Newport AXS 5 string basses

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by polymad, Feb 28, 2013.

1. polymad

polymad

Apr 18, 2012
    Dubai
    Hi guys!!

I currently have 2 top quality Italian made basses that I want to let go of; Manne Trea 5 string and the Manne Newport AXS 5 string. The Specs below:

Manne Trea special
    5 string
    -Italian Yew top
    -Black Korina Body
    -Satin finish
    -Dovetail / setneck construction
    -Passive circuit with
    spilt/parallel/serie switch
    for each pick-up.
    Comes with a Manne gigbag
    Price: 1,500$

Manne Newport Satin
    AXS 5 string
    -Special contoured body
    -29 frets
    -Black Korina Body
    -Satin finish
    -Dovetail / setneck construction
    -Passive pickups (currently have MEC, but will swap them back for the original Manne Blade pickups)
    Comes with a Manne gigbag
    Price: 1,300$

Both prices include shipping from Dubai! You are probably wondering the reason as to why at such a low price is because I just recently purchased my Fodera and so wanted to fund some money back into my account. I have tried selling the above basses at their respective price in the past, but due to the terrible economy that we are currently at, I had to drop it significantly. Both basses are in near mint condition and so I would appreciate serious buyers only and will take close up shots on request, just PM me :).

Thanks for taking the time check this thread out.

Attached Files:

2. polymad

polymad

Apr 18, 2012
    Dubai
    Hi guys, here are more specs in details on the Newport bass, along with back shots:

- nut width: 47mm with string spacing at 9mm

- bridge width: 88mm with string spacing currently at 18mm(bridge adjustable with string spacing up to 19mm)

- neck width on high register: 77mm and at nut: 48mm

- the action is currently low and is set at 2mm from the b string off the fingerboard

- it has a finger ramp made for it by manne

- the manne pickups are perfectly fine, just liked the MEC pickups at the time, but wanted to change them back to be honest and so will do that.

- the weight is approximately 9pounds. Sorry I don't have a weighing step.

- from the end of the neck; neck pup is 20mm and bridge pup is 98mm

- its 29 frets. Andrea from Manne never corrected it on the site.

- Both bass are 34inch scale

-Weight is roughly 8.7-9Lbs

Concerning shipping, I have never shipped before and so will find out the best company to ship with (UPS or FEDEX, depending on their quote)

Also, where the strap peg is on the rear of the bass, I changed it and placed a higher screw for better balance and I kept the screw in on the original positioning.

Attached Files:

3. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Interesting 29-fret lefty bump.

Since I'm not a lefty and safe from GAS in this case, I'll take this opportunity to ask you, re. the 29-fret bass, do you feel that you can reach all 29 frets comfortably without your torso getting in the way?

Do you find slap practical and rewarding on the 29 fret bass? I know that's not the reason people buy these basses, but I've been curious about how well that technique can work on basses with more than 24 frets.

Good luck!
    -Mark

4. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    I have a Soul Mover and can vouch that these are great playing and sounding basses.I love the necks.