1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Only: Like new/9 month old Clement 5-string fretted - PRICED TO SELL

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Shooter McGavin, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin Dam you people. This is golf. Not a rock concert..

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    For those of you who may (or may not) know me, you might call me a 'mover and shaker' when it comes to owning basses. I have been on a real tear lately (with 2 new in), so once again something must go - else the 'boss' gets a little growly.

Its gets more and more difficult to pick one 'to go' - so it is with great remorse that I offer up my roughly 9-month old Clement "Jon", serial #147.

This is one superb instrument. Light as a feather (7.5lb) single-cut Swamp Ash body, Nordy passive dual coil pickup, and as new as it was since the day I bought it from Mr. Clement himself in July of '09. Controls are volume and tone - thats it!

I have posted only two pics - you can see the original high-quality pics in Mr. Clement's on-line gallery at :

http://www.clementbass.com/web/Gallery/Bassgallery/tabid/55/Default.aspx?path=SingleCuts/Bass 147

String spacing is appx. 18mm. Neck is a shade under 2" at the nut. 34" scale.

Bass was listed at $1100 on Clement web site - I paid $1000. I'm offering this up for SOLD, plus shipping - which will include a gig bag. :hyper:

I think this a great deal. Anyone else agree?

Attached Files:

2. Flatty Banks

Flatty Banks

Oct 26, 2008
    California
    I agree.

3. dudamir

dudamir

Jul 28, 2009
    Do you have anything recorded?

4. tjclem

tjclem Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    WOW cheap............ :(

5. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Yep.....Dont give this long

6. Shooter McGavin

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    The better the deal, the quicker the sale - as the saying goes. (Maybe I just made that up). No recordings, sorry.

7. tjclem

tjclem Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
  8. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    ugh. want, but don't need.

9. Shooter McGavin

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Told you it would go fast - SOLD to Brad Johnson! Thank you all!

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    :D

11. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    another bass that i might have to buy the next time it pops up. enjoy, brad!

12. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Nice bass; great price!

13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Got the bass in great shape. Made my usual adjustments; lowered the action, raised the pickup, slight tweak on the trussrod. Plays great. Nice work, Tom.

14. tjclem

tjclem Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    enjoy! :bassist:

15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I took this bass and the LA Kidwell 4 I just received by the Brubaker shop today. Everyone was very impressed with both basses. Now that I've actually seen one of Tom's basses I can easily recommend them in the future. Very nice work.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020