1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS ONLY: MESA BOOGIE BUSTER 200 ALL-TUBE HEAD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Dee-man, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Howdy, TB. So I've been on a tube spree lately and have to thin the herd. For sale only is a beautiful Buster 200 that I got from awesome TBer Frank a couple of months ago. Only has around 15 hours of play time on it. Here's the original thread with pics:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/...int-mesa-buster-10-hours-use-must-see-937482/

The head has seen only moderate home use by me. Also had my tech go through it and make sure it's okay because it was in storage for so many years. Asking $875 firm shipped CONUS in a no-fee transaction. Price includes a back-up set of 6 NOS NIB mesa power tubes. Local deal preferred and discounted.

Thanks for looking, DM

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    good luck, always wanted to try one of these, i love my d180 on clean max volume

3. elolomet

elolomet Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I've owned a Mesa 400, Sunn 300t and a Buster Bass and the Buster sounded the best (to my ears) by far... Can't go wrong with these heads ;)

4. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks.

5. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Love my Buster and this one looks to be pristine! The thing that turns some off by the Buster is that it does clean and quick, but warm and wet better than any other all-tube amp. But... hit it with a pre (like a Rusty Box) and OMG you get to awesome right quick.

Also, don't be put off by the 200 watts... there isn't a North Bay club I can't play with this. Anyway, don't sleep on this killer amp.

6. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks, Matt. Saturday bump.

7. SactoBass

SactoBass I like all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    VERY trustworthy TB'er here folks!

8. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks, SB. You too.

9. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Up.

10. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Local deal pending, due to close this Friday. I'll keep a list of anyone who'd like to be in back-up position. Thanks, DM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.