1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS Only: MIJ (early 90's) Fender 75RI mmmmm, nice!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

NO TRADES PLEASE:

Build quality on the older MIJ is amazing. CIJ series are great, but I have to say that I think the MIJ stuff is a step up. This one has NICE upgrades:

Gotoh bridge
    Bartolini humbuckers
    Audere JZ3 Pre-amp (I can swap for a passive control plate if you prefer that
    New Fender Strings
    New Pearloid pickguard
    Fresh Setup
    Vintage 80's Fender USA hardshell case (molded style). Has cracked corners and a couple missing feet, but she is functional and gig-worthy

Action is low, plays amazing, sounds amazing, is amazing. Build quality of these older Japan Fender is superb. Has a little fret wear, but nothing seriious (exepected for a bass of this age). No major dings or chips, etc. One item to disclose is that the nut has a very small crack in the middle of the D string slot that I expoxed and has been holding fine. Stewmac.com sells new slotted (drop-in) nuts for $5 - $10 (depending on type) or you can get a luthier to do it for you for a few bucks more, but again, the Epoxy is holding well at this point.

Bass with HSC for $775 or I can put a passive control plate in for $700 (no Audere). I did not get the original pickups, bridge or control plate with the bass. The control plate that I could put in her (if you prefer) is the proper one for this application (250K pots) and is in great condition.

DSCF0392.

DSCF0391.

DSCF0394.

DSCF0395.

DSCF0396.

DSCF0397.

DSCF0448.

2. Cool bass bump :bassist:

3. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    yeeeeeeeeeah buddy! :bassist:

4. If my P would sell I'd be AAALL over this.

5. ItsNotMeTalking

ItsNotMeTalking

Feb 16, 2005
    Hi, can you ship it to Argentina via USPS Priority maiL?
    the neck would need to be removed because of size limits (42" max lenght)
    and ship it in one or two boxes, cases cant be shipped.its about 80 to $120
    would you be ok with that?
    thanks, Ivan

6. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Totally awesome bass bump. I am now severely tempted to buy a Squier VM jazz and throw a pearloid pg on it.

7. Quadzilla

Hello Ivan,

I'd probably prefer not to take the neck off, but if you wish to discuss further, please shoot me a PM. Thanks

8. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Arg, gorgeous bass. I'd so do all those mods myself. I just bought an F-Bass so it's not in the cards right now. Sucks for me.

9. Quadzilla

Pre-EvilBay / Craigslist bump (getting ready to list her there). Be sad to see this one get away from TB. She's one FINE bass!

10. ItsNotMeTalking

ItsNotMeTalking

Feb 16, 2005
    Hi, did you get my pm? thanks

11. Quadzilla

Got it and replied.

12. :meh:
    I'd gladly take a(small)loss in a trade+cash deal to keep this one in the TB family...
    :ninja:

13. Quadzilla

Getting close!!! ;)

14. [scoots a bit closer, avoiding eye contact in an entirely manly manner]
    :)

15. JumboJack

JumboJack

Dec 31, 2007
    Lakewood,CA.
    That thing is dead sexy bump!

16. Quadzilla

Looks like this one is headed to sunny California to TBer Bassteban!!! :hyper:

17. 75 RI/me/77 Ibanez sandwich. Mmmm...