1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS only: Mint USA Hamer 2-tek Cruise 4-string w/OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JGR, Oct 3, 2009.

1. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    I am going to sell one of my beloved Hamer Cruise 2-teks (I have four of them). This bass is in excellent condition, lets say 9.5 out of 10. You don't see too many in this shape anymore, especially with the OHSC. There is one ding on the letter E on the headstock which was there when I got it years ago. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect. I will remove the Johnny Cash sticker on the back if you want - it is not covering any sins, just though it looked cool. I will also put the original Dunlop strap buttons back on (currently has Schallers) unless you specify otherwise. I replaced the original Basslines SJB-1's with SJB-2 Hot Jazz (did it in all four of them) which I have found to be the perfect combination in these basses. They really balance the overall tone with the 2-tek bridge. Bass has a very growley, piano-like tone with a ton of sustain - makes most jazzes sound flat and one-dimensional in comparison. Bass weighs 9.9 lbs.

Price is $749 shipped (add $10 west of the Mississippi), US 48 only, Paypal.

DSC01657.
    DSC01659.
    DSC01655.
    DSC01658.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. that's beautiful!

3. Aarix

Aarix

May 19, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Nice!

4. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    I can say this: My Hamer Cruise 5 is one bad @$$ machine. It's very well made and has tone for days. This bass looks like it's in extremely good shape. I'm sure whoever is lucky enough to get it will be very pleased. :)

5. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    bump!

6. gruvit

gruvit

Jan 14, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Not positive even with the photos... is this the blue flake or just the blue?

7. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    It is the blue flake - very sexy! For some reason it didn't show up that well in the pics.

8. gruvit

gruvit

Jan 14, 2009
    Richland, WA
    !!!!!! THIS IS THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY! There was a local music store that had one just like this in stock since before I even thought about playing bass. Original sale price was something like $1350, and that was about ten years ago. The store moved and in the process made a small ding on the bottom and they dropped the price to about $850. After a few more years and having it in stock for a total of about 9 years they finally dropped the price to $650! I would have bought it had I not been a poor jobless high school kid at the time. Thanks for reading my story. I'm going to talk to the wife about this! I'll hopefully be sending you a PM VERY soon!

9. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    Cool, hope it works out. It is a killer bass and the first Cruise, and second bass I ever bought. That first bass is gone, so this one has been around the longest. It's a real shame 2-Tek stopped making bridges and that Hamer stopped making this bass, even with the Gotoh. Their three piece necks are probably the most stable of all the basses I own.

JR

10. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    bump

11. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Do the four strings have asymmetrical necks, like the fivers? I love the neck on my Cruise 5.

12. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    I've never really noticed to be honest. If I had to guess, I would say no, though it is extremely comfortable.

JR

13. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    bump!

14. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Man that is a nice Bass.

I love the color.

15. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    If only it were a 5 string.............

16. neptune

neptune

Feb 2, 2001
    Maryland
    Please let me know if you decide to sell a fiver. I'm local in MD. Thanks

17. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    Sorry, only have 4-strings.

18. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Right in my own backyard.... Oh the pain!!!!!

19. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Somebody buy this thing! These are very well made instruments.

20. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    bump!